99 Tahoe w/ P0171, P0174, and P0305

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I would still be leaning toward an intake problem, unless you clear the codes and drive and they don't come back.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Since they came back, that still does not mean the problem is related to the intake. Diagnostics are in order. You may have a vacuum leak just about anywhere. With the engine at idle, is it smooth? Is it a little rough? If you have a plastic squirt bottle, I like to use water and squirt water along where the intake is bolted down and see if the idle changes. Squirt it at the base of the throttle body, at the egr valve, pcv system.....hell, anywhere you can get to and check all vacuum hoses. The fact that both bank 1 and bank 2 are showing a lean condition, it is hard not to suspect that intake but still could be something else.

OP
OP
Chevychick

Chevychick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Since they came back, that still does not mean the problem is related to the intake. Diagnostics are in order. You may have a vacuum leak just about anywhere. With the engine at idle, is it smooth? Is it a little rough? If you have a plastic squirt bottle, I like to use water and squirt water along where the intake is bolted down and see if the idle changes. Squirt it at the base of the throttle body, at the egr valve, pcv system.....hell, anywhere you can get to and check all vacuum hoses. The fact that both bank 1 and bank 2 are showing a lean condition, it is hard not to suspect that intake but still could be something else.
It is rough at idle. I have to double check with my Dad and see if he checked the intake for leaks. I know he said he was going to.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If the water squirts where the leak is causing the rough idle, the rough idle will smooth out. I have also used a mechanic's stethoscope and pulled the probe out of the hose and used the end of the hose to listen, with amplification, for the vacuum leak.

OP
OP
Chevychick

Chevychick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211012-160959_BlueDriver.jpg
    Screenshot_20211012-160959_BlueDriver.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20211012-144622_BlueDriver.jpg
    Screenshot_20211012-144622_BlueDriver.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 6

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Both of those screen shots are indicating a lean condition, especially bank 2. If you cannot find any vacuum leaks you may need this replaced:

I sure wish I knew what O2 sensors had been replaced. Also, bank 1 is showing a lean condition but not as bad as bank 2.

If you do the MAF sensor, clean that throttle body with cleaner from a parts store and follow directions and check this out:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep