99 tahoe blower motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jerry R

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello
I am new here so hope you can help me out, I am have a problem with the blower motor in my Tahoe 1st the blower when I turned it on sometimes would squeal like crazy then it would work and stop making the noise so I replaced the motor then the switch would be erratic and would work on low then it would stop working but it would always work on hi so it thought it was the switch so I replaced that , then it would work fine for a few weeks then it started acting up again so I replaced the resistor ( the part with the coils on it that go's in the air plenum box ) and great it worked on all levels blew better air and did not make an noise well now it does not work at all could it have burnt out the switch I took a light tester to the motor and there is no power is there something else up there that I don't see that might of blown or do you guys think its the switch I would hate to put in the new switch and burn it out .
Thanks

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
If it work on high still then you may have damaged the resistor pack again. Or the switch. You need to probe farther back on those parts. If no function works at all (temp and mode as well) on the control head then you may have popped its fuse.

OP
OP
J

Jerry R

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hello
now it sometimes works but I have to play with the switch and I will hear something like a click and it will start but in the middle of the 2nd setting and high and it will run for a few min then shut off

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Well there are no self-resetting circuit breakers on the system so if messing with the switch makes it work on and off in any speed but high then go after the switch or its connector in back of it.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
then replace the switch and get a new pigtail assembly. Do a great job splicing it in and you should be trouble free for years.

OP
OP
J

Jerry R

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks ? for you why would the plug and switch heat up and melt ?could there be a short somewhere or is just something that happens with these tahoes

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
sometime loose contact between the terminals or some random excessive amperage draw. It can happen on any vehicle. It happened to my fuel relay on mine. Most cases if it happened after a repair in the circuit chances are the repair was not maybe done so well.

OP
OP
J

Jerry R

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well found a plug at a junk yard replaced it today works just like new

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tessacummins12