99 Tahoe Back Seat Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeJim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
99 Tahoe LT which I bought from the original owner ...

Unlike the other thread I found, my driver side back seat problem is with the seat bottom, not the seat back.

I pull up on the web loop to release the latch for the bottom section....and nothing. It WAS working when I bought the truck a few weeks ago as I folded the seat down once, but now, nothing.

Looked at the passenger side as I pulled it up and folded it down, trying to get an idea of how to "break in" to the drivers side....no ideas have come to mind. Felt though there trying to see if I could access it one way or another, no luck.

Any ideas on how to proceed without trashing the seat?

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
My wire snapped in my release. i pulled it up with some pliers and locked it so it never locks in place. thats my temp fix til i can go get a new pull cord.

OP
OP
TahoeJim

TahoeJim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a few choice words, some light, a curved needle nose pliers and some patience, it finally released.

Latch was so gummy with 11 year old oil and just.....gunk...it could barely move, even pushing it manually with a screwdriver. WD40 and working it back and forth maybe 40x, it now works again. The dogs are happy, all is well in the world.

sc00bz

South Paw
Reaction score
Former owners probably had kids that spilled soft drinks and food that got it sticky or something. I had a mysterious stain on the back carpet of mine when I got it. I think it may have been blood but o well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alejo2160