98 Yukon power steering pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

awj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a new/not rebuilt pump installed on my 98 Yukon, after going thru 3 from autozone in less than a year. It's a long story so i'll get to the point. Autozone agreed to buy me a new pump. I didn't inspect the pump before having it installed, (stupid me). My yukon doen't have hydroboost, but the new installed pump has the 3rd tube on the side of the reservoir which I figured is there for a hydroost setup. The mech who installed the pump connect a hose to this third tube (on the side of the reservoir), and put a vent fitting in the end of hose, and secured it to the A/C bracket. This "vent" leaks fluid like no tomorrow. Does anyone think I could tee this vent hose in with this return hose ?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
just cap it and you will be perfectly fine. it is also a return line but just an extra one that is lower on the reservoir. i have the same for provisions of the hydro booster later. my side nipple still has the cap from the factory on it.

OP
OP
A

awj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I'll give her a shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mazer16