98 tahoe lift kit...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I run the standard ones on the burban, they are fine. I will upgrade to bilsteins someday

KPOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run the standard ones on the burban, they are fine. I will upgrade to bilsteins someday

Bilstein 5100 series or what? I was looking at Ranchos for a Tahoe with a 6" lift, looks like for all 4 it would run just shy of $400. Think the Bilsteins are better than the Ranchos?

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bilstein 5100 series or what? I was looking at Ranchos for a Tahoe with a 6" lift, looks like for all 4 it would run just shy of $400. Think the Bilsteins are better than the Ranchos?

I like the Bilsteins. I run the 5100 on the tahoe, they are my third set on there.

KPOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see if you have autotrac, you need a new driveshaft then? No way around that? Wonder if the one that RC sells is the best option, or if I'm gonna have to replace it if there is a different one I should go with?

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A new shaft is about $450, does your 4wd selector have 4wd full time? if so you need the shaft.

That RCX kit is nice, comes with brake lines and all

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^i think he means Auto-4wd as a selection of 4wd modes on under your 2wd selector

KPOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep I've got the push button with the 4 options. After buying just the lift, plus either some Bilstein or Rancho shocks I'm looking at $1400 not including the driveshaft. I know the RCX vendor on the forums here can give you 10% off. I'd probably want the steering stabilizer, as well as the rear sway bar links I take it. It is a 98 2-door. I'm having a local guy install it, but I'm ordering all the parts as I don't think he can get 10% off, and would also have to charge tax. Do I need a pair of rear sway bar links, or just one?

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dont know about the links but to save your self some oney at the moment you dont "NEED" the steering stab plus i believe you have to fab a bracket i dont remember seeing a SSkit (correct me if im worng ) that just bolts up to our trucks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia