97 tahoe LT super low air flow from vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marbor

Reaction score
good afternoon to all

I just replaced the blower motor, control switch and module thing next to the blower that controls the low-high functions. My issue is the air blows out very low. I checked the little motors that switch from defrost to feet and face and all seem ok working as should. low air just blows from what its set on. I also youtubed and performed the cleaning of the core inside the box feom were the bloer mounts and removed little debris, sprayed with decreaser and scrubbed with a tooth brush then sprayed inside with a hose. Peaked in with my phone on record and it looks pretty clean inside. Is there something I'm missing? I'm dying from heat the ac works,but blows out very little air. Please help me solve this issue.

Thanks

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it do the same on heat? What did it do prior to this? If the air ways are clear it comes back to the parts you replaced or a relay ready to fail. How’s the ground and battery cables and wires/connections to the new parts?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Did you replace parts with quality parts or aftermarket cheap parts? I was waiting for you to say you can hear the blower blowing hard and that you still can't feel it. If the blower is blowing hard, you have a restriction somewhere. If the blower is blowing slow no matter what setting you choose, then I suspect a part problem or an installer problem, you.

OP
OP
Marbor

Marbor

Reaction score
Did you replace parts with quality parts or aftermarket cheap parts? I was waiting for you to say you can hear the blower blowing hard and that you still can't feel it. If the blower is blowing hard, you have a restriction somewhere. If the blower is blowing slow no matter what setting you choose, then I suspect a part problem or an installer problem, you.

Yes the blower is blowing hard i can hear it from low to high and it is going good. As far as parts the control module and relay/ spring thing next to the blower are from a junk yard but the blower I got from 1A auto new. No change whether its heat or AV. I know there's a restriction somewhere but just can't find it

OP
OP
Marbor

Marbor

Reaction score
Does it do the same on heat? What did it do prior to this? If the air ways are clear it comes back to the parts you replaced or a relay ready to fail. How’s the ground and battery cables and wires/connections to the new parts?

Blower is strong and brand new. Tested terminal with multimeter and comes in at 12.6 on battery jumps to low 13.1-6 when running

OP
OP
Marbor

Marbor

Reaction score
Yes the blower is blowing hard i can hear it from low to high and it is going good. As far as parts the control module and relay/ spring thing next to the blower are from a junk yard but the blower I got from 1A auto new. No change whether its heat or AV. I know there's a restriction somewhere but just can't find it

Also install was flawless even got that hard as s crew against the metal rail in and tights no room for leaks.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ok, all the basics are checked now and it has to be a flow restriction somewhere.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the rear blow any faster? Not sure where your ducts are but prob under the seat and/or the headliner? This might help narrow it a little.

OP
OP
Marbor

Marbor

Reaction score
Does the rear blow any faster? Not sure where your ducts are but prob under the seat and/or the headliner? This might help narrow it a little.

Good question, this truck is unique. There is no standard rear vents. It has the geneva package which has a separate blower and evaporater connected in the rear passenger corner with 3 vent hole and a blower. I belive its a camping edition, weird set up but cool as hell.
In a nut shell the front controls the front and rear controls rear from under the hood there are 4 hoses 2 tap into the AC and 2 tap into the coolant lines running under the truck to the ac/heat blower/ HVAC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz