96 Tahoe Really Hard to Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78mc-bbc

Reaction score
So after i got my brakes all fixed in my Tahoe, i put in the seafoam in the tank and through the brake booster vacuum line. When i was putting it in through the intake i was sure not to stall the truck. Here is my problem after seafoaming it the truck takes forever to start, you can crank it solid for a minute and wont start. But if you stop cranking it and wait a second and then start it it will fore up after a few seconds. Ive driven the truck around, back roads and highways and it runs well. After driving it it will fire up in a few seconds again. But after it sits for a few hours it takes forever to start again.

I've already replaced the dist cap, rotor, plugs and wires before i had the brakes let go

So did the seafoam kill something?
Where should i start to troubleshoot?

ChiTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Start with checking the crankshaft position sensor. GM has had many updates on that one. That's where I would start, I've never heard of Seafoam actually hurting anything. Hell I let it stall mine out and let is soak for about 15 min then fire it back up to finish the cleaning. Never a problem.

jwindh1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine did the exact same thing today when I seafoamed. I pulled the TPS sensor and found it to be bad, so I replaced it; the culprit though was the EGR valve. I also went ahead and changed the MAP sensor while I was doing everything. Running like a champ now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz