95 Yukon 2wd 6 lug conversion?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nine5yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, nice forum, just stumbled on the joint while mind modding my ride.

Check it, I have a 2wd Yukon(5 lug)and was wondering how to change the front hubs to six lugs like the 4wd version. Also would it affect the ABS? NO SPACERS, I need the wheels to bolt direct for clearance. Larger discs would be great too but lets see what the conversion involves first.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• trucksm.jpg
    trucksm.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 65

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
Why not get the wheels filled and re-drilled for 5 lugs?

OP
OP
N

nine5yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no wheels yet, i have access to a 6 lug posi axle with discs, just want to change the front over to match.

found the thread on FSC, all i need is a set of 2wd 2500 rotors and its all good!!

Lifted99Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It can be done. Takes a little time and money. I started doing it on my 99' Yukon a couple years ago. But never finished. I had everything to swap over, and in the middle of the project. Had a couple hundred in the project.

Front:
88-98 3/4 Ton 2wd Rotors

Rear:
Brand New GM Lug Studs. 12 QTY
I was going to re-drill the stock axles to accept the 6 Lug GM Pattern

You can do this yourself if you are capable. Or have a machine shop drill the axles and install the new studs. Little math involved for the 6-lug Pattern.

Or you can swap over a NBS Rear Axle with Disc Brakes and do that conversion. Cant swap over axles from a 4wd, different lengths and splines. Already looked into it.

So Re-Drilling the axles for 6-Lug is usually better. Just depends on how much you want to spend.

I ran NBS Escalade Rims. Had an issue with the offset of the NBS rims on the OBS rotors. Center cap did not fit, and had to grind down MORE of my LCA due to my drop, and offset of the rim. Rim hit my LCA at 3/4 turn or less.

photo0009uf3.jpg

photo0012yu7.jpg

photo0020bp2.jpg

No center cap, Hub face was too close due to offset of Rim. Will be a problem with OE Style rims. Just make sure the rims you want to run have the correct offset/backspacing.
picture069nj1.jpg

brandon082uk9.jpg

Rendering
gmfs392em1.jpg

I gave up the project. Got bored with it, then put the stocks back on
cid062209162700.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

nine5yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks Lifted, do you think tucking aftermarket 24"s would be a problem on the front with the conversion?

im thinkin the rear will get narrowed a couple inches before i install it so the rear wont be a prob, just worried about the swapover.

Lifted99Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks Lifted, do you think tucking aftermarket 24"s would be a problem on the front with the conversion?

im thinkin the rear will get narrowed a couple inches before i install it so the rear wont be a prob, just worried about the swapover.

What's the wheel offset and backspacing?

Rear end shouldn't have to be narrowed. With the right offset rim, it should tuck fine. Is your truck lowered at all?

OP
OP
N

nine5yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, not in the sig pic though. she was bagged on 22"s and they were a tight fit. the truck was low but not grounded(flip kit and overloads removed - bags on axle), i dont think 24"s would tuck when laid out.

im plannin on linking the rear and tubbing the floor and rear doors. pretty sure i will need a inch or so on each side at least to tuck into the body.

anyone laying body on a yukon or tahoe in here? not talkin frame, straight body, with big wheels?

gmc.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

nine5yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
took advantage of turkey day and did my front 6 lug conversion. also swapped out my stock spindles for some 2" drops, im gettin control arms soon so its just mocked up for now.

5lug.jpg

5lug1.jpg

5lug2.jpg

5lug3.jpg

5lug5.jpg

5lug6.jpg

5lug7.jpg

5lug8.jpg

i have a 6 lug disc brake axle from an o2 silverado, hopefully gonna get narrowed this week then a 4 or 6 link for xmas

work will start on the sheet metal in dec, but this is my busy season at work(real life) so im sure not much will get done besides the suspension.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So Basically, All i had to do is to swap out the disc brake and add studs? What disc brakes did these come from so I can order it? How about the rear part?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommy2boys211