1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

95 Tahoe with later model 17" wheels

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by GMW468, Jul 21, 2020.

1. GMW468

GMW468 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Greg
    Hey guys I've got a quick question:

I have a 95 Tahoe. It's my daily driver with only 67,000 original miles. I got it from the original owner with super low miles because he had MS and struggled to get into the truck so he rarely drove it.

A good buddy of mine has an 09 Suburban with 17" wheels with 265/70/17 tires. He bought and installed a lift kit and then also went with a set of aftermarket wheels and tires.

He offered me his 17" wheels and tires for free. The wheels are in good shape and the tires are at about 50%. Obviously I'm going to get a brand new set of tires installed before mounting them onto my truck. I already confirmed that the bolt pattern for our trucks is the same. What I'm curious about is has anyone installed a set of later model 17" wheels on a stock height early Tahoe without any fitment issues??

My truck is my daily driver and I just don't have any plans to lift it. But I also don't want to spend the cash on a brand new set of tires only to have fitment issues.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

2. 96-2D-Hoe

96-2D-Hoe Full Access Member

Name:
    David
    Wheels should fit with no issues. Depending on how big tires you buy might matter. Fit them as they are and see how it looks. I think you can go to about 32" x 11" x rim size without any issues. But check that and don't quote me on it.

GMW468 likes this.
  3. drakon543

drakon543 Full Access Member

Name:
    james
    your biggest problem with that rim and tire combo is width and offset. i dont remember the dimensions of my aftermarket rims on my 97 but its 17" with the same tire size. with my width and offset if i hit a large dip too hard too fast the tire can come in contact with the fender. wouldn't worry tho as that took practically dukes of hazard suspension travel to accomplish.

4. George B

George B Full Access Member

Name:
    George
    Your 95 should have had 16x7 wheels with a 31mm offset. The 09 wheels should be 17x7.5 with the same 31mm offset. This will mean they extend back towards the frame an additional 1/2”.

I would grab them and bolt them on. See if they look like they will rub anything.

GMW468 likes this.
  5. bigdog9191999

bigdog9191999 Member

Name:
    steve
    agree, bolt them on as is with current tires to see the fitment. should be fine with stock size

GMW468 likes this.
  6. 2010gmcyukon

2010gmcyukon Full Access Member

Name:
    brian
    EDIT: sorry I see now in your sig its a 4wd. Bolt pattern should be fine.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Just stating what may be obvious to some.... If your Tahoe is 2wd it probably has 5 lug wheels, which wouldn't fit. If its 4wd then the bolt pattern should fit fine.

7. GMW468

GMW468 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Greg
    That's my game plan. I'm picking them up on Friday after work. I was just checking out tire prices and was curious anyone had any experience bolting them on with the stock size of 265/70/17. My Tahoe has a brand new set of 245/75/16's and they're not that much smaller. It looks like I'll have plenty of clearance.

I'll bolt them on Saturday and go for a ride and if there's no interference, I'll pick up some new tires.