95-99 GM truck Double Din install (TheDetaillSS)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cmoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think they both look good... Looking forward to seeing the Double DIN installed! I look for the pics

mrtahoe42

Reaction score
Hvac-- this part takes care as the plastic on these are very thin and brittle you have to shave off your side clips to make it fit into the new bracket Dont worry its screwed into place again this can be done with a dremel for the shaving View attachment 137105
View attachment 137106
once this is done drill holes into the sides where it lines up with the exsisting predrilled holes for the bracket i cant stress enough to be careful with drilling dont use alot of pressure its thin and if your drill pops through with enough force you could damage your HVAC unit
once drilled simply screw into place and inspect your WHOLE assym for sturdiness
should look like this
View attachment 137107
Next test fit your unit into your dash more trimming will be required as not to kink or pinch wires and allow for a flush fit against the mounting points once this is C/W MAKE SURE TO HOOK UP ALL WIRES not like i did get excited again throw everything together turn on the truck only to relize not a damn thing worked ..... any who
View attachment 137108
hook up all wires now recconect your battery and make sure everything is working with the head unit and hvac wise
if OPS check is good take self tapping screws provided in the kit and drill and screw in your new assy carefully re install your new dash bezel hook up all said plugs and wires and BAM Double Din done should look like this
NOW I CHOSE THIS HEAD UNIT BECAUSE OF ITS STOCK "LOOKING" APPEARENCE BUT YOU MAY CHOOSE A TOUCH SCREEN ECT
View attachment 137109
View attachment 137110
ENJOY i hope im not forgetting anything if i do i will update this as things are brought up
i hope this helps any of you
Oh yeah thanks so much great information looks awesome