93 blazer random stalling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
93fsblazer

93fsblazer

Reaction score
Alright, new question. How do you know if your truck has the oil cooler? I don't see any lines from my filter. The radiator has brass plugs on the drivers side but nothing connected to them. It has a hairline crack beside one and I'm going to replace it. The one without oil cooler is 350 and the one with it is 160.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
sounds like it may have been removed at one point for who knows why. gather the parts and reinstall it. very good for the engine. the engine oil cooler ran on the driver side rad tank end. if part numbers and illustration needed let me know.

OP
OP
93fsblazer

93fsblazer

Reaction score
I will when I get the extra cash. But for now do I just buy the radiator with oil cooler and install the plugs into it? I'll take some pictures tonight when I get off work.

OP
OP
93fsblazer

93fsblazer

Reaction score
That's the ports for the oil cooler right? On the drivers side of the radiator.

Attachments

• 20150820_124327.jpg
    20150820_124327.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 1
OP
OP
93fsblazer

93fsblazer

Reaction score
Also, I think I've narrowed down my stalling issue. It did it again today. Wouldn't start. So I tried spraying carb cleaner in it and it would hit on it then die off. So my next guess would be a weak fuel pump?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
yes, drivers side of rad. top and bottom. well you can test drive it with gauge on it to see or just throw a pump at it. make sure your terminals and relay are clean as well.

OP
OP
93fsblazer

93fsblazer

Reaction score
I'll be picking up a new radiator this weekend with oil cooler ports. I'll add them back as soon as I get the extra money. And I may as well get a pump and try it. Does it require extra oil capacity to use the cooler?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justjacks07

Latest posts