9006 bulb in low beam socket (h11)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
So I effed up and accidentally ordered 9006 bulbs with my hid kit from DDM :angry94: But I know that 9006 are VERY similar to h11 is it possible to fit 9006 in the low beam socket? I heard that all you have to do is trim back part of one of the tabs and it'll twist right in....Yea I know not ideal but I don't feel like returning and exchanging if I can make these work

OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
Well I guess since no one knew ill just find out today because they're coming lol

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
No idea buddy, good luck and let us know if it works for ya.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Faites777

Reaction score
NO.
H11 socket (hole) is too small for HB4(9006) bulb base. H11 is similar to H8/H9; 9006 socket 'does' fits H10 bulb for testing purpose.

OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
No idea buddy, good luck and let us know if it works for ya.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Well I got the package today I'll let you know how it goes sunday when I give it a go lol

NO.
H11 socket (hole) is too small for HB4(9006) bulb base. H11 is similar to H8/H9; 9006 socket 'does' fits H10 bulb for testing purpose.

ahh gotcha :thumbsdown: well I'll at least get the ballasts and everything hooked up on sunday...

OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
Did you try anything?

sent from your moms bed

Yea I took a headlight out last night....not a chance lol...The bulb base is way bigger than the socket, deff wasn't happenin...I just got some cheap bulbs off ebay and then I'll exchange these back to ddm or just sell em

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Yea I took a headlight out last night....not a chance lol...The bulb base is way bigger than the socket, deff wasn't happenin...I just got some cheap bulbs off ebay and then I'll exchange these back to ddm or just sell em

Sucks but at least ya know now.

sent from your moms bed

OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
Sucks but at least ya know now.

sent from your moms bed

yeaaa its whatever...to be honest I haven't even drove with the head lights on since I got the truck, and I don't even have time to install until thursday night lol so the wait doesn't bother me as much as it normally would.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork