9 years of Central Florida and South Georgia sun

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lentsnh2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased a 2004 Yukon knowing that its paint was oxidized, but when it finally stopped raining, I finally saw how bad it really was. So, here I come at the Yukon with Meguiar's Clay Bar and 2 bottles of Meguiar's Ultimate polish and my trusty buffer. The paint had been totally neglected but not ruined. The paint had water spots all over it, sap and more! Onto the pictures:

Before:

20130707_125753_zpse9150c78.jpg

During:

20130707_125748_zps90f76d01.jpg

After (before I applied the second polish "coat"):

20130707_125759_zps7858c44f.jpg

It took 2 whole days 9:00-8:30 or so to get it to where it is now. There is still some tougher oxidation spots on the roof and hood but I'll be getting them next time. I was totally worn out and couldn't do anymore.. This just shows everyone that no paint job is ever ruined, It can always be brought back to life with the right tools, equipment and TLC.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good. I'm in Jax, FL, come do mine please...

OP
OP
L

Lentsnh2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great save!

Thank you sir!

While you're here, you wouldn't happen to have any products or advice for a lightly scratched windshield? I've heard that there is some very very fine polish for paint scratches that could work on glass but nothing that works.

Thanks!

AdamsPolishes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you sir!

While you're here, you wouldn't happen to have any products or advice for a lightly scratched windshield? I've heard that there is some very very fine polish for paint scratches that could work on glass but nothing that works.

Thanks!

Glass is a completely different animal to correct compared to normal automotive paint.

For very light scratches, our polishes (and most aggressive paint polishes) are capable of correction them. If they are deeper than most abrasive paint polishes can tough, then you need to bring out the big guns!

Cerium Oxide and Bronze Wool buffing pads are what it takes to cut into the glass surface to fix scratches. It's an incredibly messy job and the results aren't guaranteed. Look into it if you'd like, but try the polishes you have at your disposal first and then go from there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruzic99

Latest posts