2007 Black Z71 Suburban Detail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
In for pics of the honda lol mine is swirled so bad. Getting a quote today

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
Great work! love doing paint corrections more then standard details just because of the turn around that comes from it then adding Cquartz to it makes it stand out from other regular waxes. I just did a Bentley that was from factory wrecked with swrills and bird etchings its crazy. I have a wrecked Mustang from swrill o washes coming in two weeks for full correction and cquartz.

OP
OP
65stang

65stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have really been playing with the idea of completely dropping my standard services. I really don't want to do wash and wax jobs as they completely burn a day for me that I could be working on a correction for a few days. I would still offer maintenance services on vehicles I had corrected and coated but that would be it. Not sure if I will do it not yet. Maybe make the change for next year.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys know someone in (NJ) who offer this type of services?

aflumb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so what all do you us from start to end. Im looking to add more stuff to my cabinet to use. Really more interested in the first and sec wash products.

OP
OP
65stang

65stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys know someone in (NJ) who offer this type of services?

If you are looking for some of the best detailers in the industry I would check out CQuartz Finest's website and find the closest person to you. Unlike most of the coatings on the market, they are very selective with who they allow to be installers and you must be highly skilled at what you do.

so what all do you us from start to end. Im looking to add more stuff to my cabinet to use. Really more interested in the first and sec wash products.

Sure I can recommend some things you should definitely have, and some products that I personally like to use.

Some must have items:
Grit Guards : You should have atleast 2 of these, I have 3 as I have a bucket that is only used for wheels in addition to my wash bucket and rinse bucket
Good Wash Mit or Sponge : I personally like to use the Lake Country Grout Sponge.
Wheel Woolies: These make cleaning wheels so easy and quick, and allow you to get the barrels pretty easily also. I say these are pretty much a must have item. They are great for cleaning exhaust tips also.

Products that I personally like to use:

Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Clear: I use this on most of the cars I work on for both the foam pre-soak with my Foam Lance and also my regular wash.
Reset: I use this for maintenance washes and cars that are coated. This is a very strong shampoo and only take 1 oz. per wash.
IronX:This product breaks down iron deposits on the surface of the vehicle. Stuff smells horrible but works good on vehicles that are driven a lot. It sprays on clear and as it starts working turns purple
996139_329679860540730_8053489473500843350_n.jpg

Nanoskin Wash Mit: This will replace the clay bar, and is 10x quicker and easier. This is usually my last process in washing the car before drying.

These are just a few things I think are must haves or things that I like to use. If you want any other recommendation or have any other questions about things feel free to PM me and I will try and help you out.

aflumb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kool thanks. I'll pm you Tom. I was really wanting to know why you didn't clay bar. That is the biggest time killer for me. I don't mind doing it, but it is time consuming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
65stang

65stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah claying a vehicle sucks and takes quite a bit of time. The nanoskin wash mit is a huge time saver and just so much easier. Another thing that sucks with clay is if you would happen to drop it on the ground, the whole thing is junk and needs thrown away. With the nanoskin you simply just wash it off really good and your good to go again.

OP
OP
65stang

65stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in seeing pics of current work (Honda Civic) currently feel free to like my facebook page as I post updates on there along with photos of all the cars I work on.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trackman