$700 for rear tail light replacement???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It

Goes hand in hand with the trend lemmings that jumped on the white tail lights band wagon. LED's is just taking the tail light stupid up another level. Your mileage may vary.
Just because an LED circuit has a lot of components and an incandescent one has just a couple doesn't mean the incandescent bulb will last longer. That's just plain stupid which leads me to believe that article was written by an idiot and not what he claimed to be. Your phone has millions of circuits in it and I'll bet every single phone of everyone you know will last longer than a regular light bulb that's turned on and off a few times a day. Of course if you never turn an incandescent bulb off it will last many many years. But that doesn't happen in the real world, especially in a vehicle. GM obviously has a problem with either the design or quality of these tail light circuits. Usually it's either a solder problem or one of the components has a QC issue. I'm not sure if GM builds their electronics in-house or outsources them but it's not the number of parts in the circuit that's the problem. If electronics are built correctly with good qc and reliable components they will last nearly forever. An incandescent bulb...not. The very design of how it emits light will guarantee that- heating up an element until it glows red-hot and then asking it to go through that heating/ cooling cycle tens or hundreds of thousands of times guarantees it's life is limited. The element will eventually break due to fatigue.

MiamiDubai

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Replaced my broken taillight with the Escalade style taillight. Purchased from Amazon for $408 which is a little more than half what the stealership wanted for one factory light.

These are the Vlad and they are bright (if you read the reviews on here, there were complaints about them being dim).

Took me about 45 mins to install both of them.

I had considered taking my broken light off and sending it off for repair ($150 EBay) but my truck would’ve been down for 2-3 days.

01ED6952-FB31-4697-88B5-5EFD7C8F1431.jpeg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replaced my broken taillight with the Escalade style taillight. Purchased from Amazon for $408 which is a little more than half what the stealership wanted for one factory light.

These are the Vlad and they are bright (if you read the reviews on here, there were complaints about them being dim).

Took me about 45 mins to install both of them.

I had considered taking my broken light off and sending it off for repair ($150 EBay) but my truck would’ve been down for 2-3 days.

View attachment 203046
You could do that now and then either keep them as spares or sell them as a functioning OEM set and recoup your money for the replacements.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep