$700 for rear tail light replacement???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FLJAR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New member. Blown away by what I'm paying to fix this thing...

2015 Yukon Denali
67k miles
Original owner

So, just took it in for the regular oil change. I get informed that the right rear tail light is out. And because it's LED, it will cost $689.99. Someone please tell me this is nuts... And/or at least maybe confirm that it's in line with what you've experienced.

By the way, this is after:

-$1,200 for front strut replacement at 58k miles
-$600 transmission re-programming at 41k miles (not covered under warranty because powertrain warranty covers "powertrain" NOT "powertrain controllers")
-lifter and catalytic converter replacement at 30k (fortunately covered)

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For 500, you can get the esky taillights. Both of them.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For 500, you can get the esky taillights. Both of them.

The esky replicas... I'm sure there are Denali replicas too so he doesn't pay for OEM

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about a salvage yard? Of course, the issue with those is that you don’t know how much longer they will last.

Warriorpluto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just get the Escalade taillights. Will look better anyway. No reason your taillight should be out this soon unless you do a whole lot of night driving or stay in a hot place.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
When the big trend over the years was to convert tail lights to LED, now due to costs the big trend will be to convert back to good old 1157's. K.I.S.S.

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New member. Blown away by what I'm paying to fix this thing...

2015 Yukon Denali
67k miles
Original owner

So, just took it in for the regular oil change. I get informed that the right rear tail light is out. And because it's LED, it will cost $689.99. Someone please tell me this is nuts... And/or at least maybe confirm that it's in line with what you've experienced.

By the way, this is after:

-$1,200 for front strut replacement at 58k miles
-$600 transmission re-programming at 41k miles (not covered under warranty because powertrain warranty covers "powertrain" NOT "powertrain controllers")
-lifter and catalytic converter replacement at 30k (fortunately covered)

I must be missing something here but you’re telling me if the rear light goes out, you need to replace the entire housing?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I must be missing something here but you’re telling me if the rear light goes out, you need to replace the entire housing?

Yup. Because they are LED

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne