$700 for rear tail light replacement???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LEDs are a stupid "solution" in search of a non-existent problem. Instead of a $2 incandescent bulb that needs replace every couple years, now it's a multi-hundred $ repair. I'd be trying to retrofit back to ordinary $2 lamps.

http://www.eenewsanalog.com/news/big-lie-about-led-lighting
The big lie about LED lighting
Scott Elder, principal engineer with Linear Technology discusses why LED lighting fails earlier than consumers might expect.

And solar panels...

Gusthegreek

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know someone who does cheap Led to 1157 conversions only $200 per side spare bulb included.

RSLDSN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You should call GMC and add you name to the list of tons of other 2015 vehicle owners with the same issue. I was at my dealership just yesterday on the same issue and they had 4 other vehicle with the same issue. Try searching google for 2015 Yukon Tail lights not working and you will get many customers with the exact same issue. It’s a manufacturer’s defect and the more people that call in to GM the better the chance for them to issue a defect warranty replacement or payback.

I just had a similar issue with my AC not working and GM finally issues a recall notice and is paying me back the $1500+ that I had to pay out

Bigboychi

Reaction score
I'm glad i traded mine in at 33k miles with no issue....gmc purchased my last Yukon back at full price..i had to contact my local news for help

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should call GMC and add you name to the list of tons of other 2015 vehicle owners with the same issue. I was at my dealership just yesterday on the same issue and they had 4 other vehicle with the same issue. Try searching google for 2015 Yukon Tail lights not working and you will get many customers with the exact same issue. It’s a manufacturer’s defect and the more people that call in to GM the better the chance for them to issue a defect warranty replacement or payback.

I just had a similar issue with my AC not working and GM finally issues a recall notice and is paying me back the $1500+ that I had to pay out
Does this apply to the newer Suburbans and Tahoe’s?

golfdad100

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New member. Blown away by what I'm paying to fix this thing...

2015 Yukon Denali
67k miles
Original owner

So, just took it in for the regular oil change. I get informed that the right rear tail light is out. And because it's LED, it will cost $689.99. Someone please tell me this is nuts... And/or at least maybe confirm that it's in line with what you've experienced.

By the way, this is after:

-$1,200 for front strut replacement at 58k miles
-$600 transmission re-programming at 41k miles (not covered under warranty because powertrain warranty covers "powertrain" NOT "powertrain controllers")
-lifter and catalytic converter replacement at 30k (fortunately covered)[/QUOTE

I have a 2015 Yukon XL Denali with 28K miles. I joined this discussion group because of the transmission issues it was having. I also purchased the 100K mile bumper to bumper warranty. I've had both taillights replaced and the transmission reprogrammed (just the other day). I agree with the post to contact GMC about the tail lights and would like to do that (and transmission too). I'm hearing noises in the front end (like struts) and hope the warranty covers them if I have to replace them. It's unfortunate that we pay top dollar for high end GMC only to have so many issues. Does anyone have contact information for GMC to send in said complaints?

OP
OP
F

FLJAR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
UPDATE: gotta love the dealership. Took it on a roadtrip and it was intermittently working. Removed it (very easy) to check the connections - nothing there. Opened the fusebox, found the correct fuse, pushed it in all the way, voila --- it works. Hmmmmmmmmm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts