7-9" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

diamondbackjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is 10+ lift unrealistic as far as a daily driver lets say if gas is not a issue (which doesnt mean thats not playing a factor but other then that)

i had a F150 with a FTS lift on 41's as a daily for quite a while. there was no problems with daily driving it other than when i was feeling lazy and tired before work and didn't wanna jump up in there and after putting in new gears it got way better gas mileage than my tahoe does.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah with an 8" or 9" lift, you are stuck with wide 35s. No way 37s will fit w/o major rubbing with that much lift unless you change to that Pre-runner type front bumper for clearance.
The Cognito lift you posted is solid. Along with FTS, BDS, and Bulletproof, who also make quality kits with large lift heights.
Also, keep in mind that link you posted is just the front part of the lift. You will still need the rear portion. You will also need shocks for all for corners. With the 37s and 20s, you OTD price will be a minimum of $7k if you install it on your own.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Josh, that is clean AF!!:mfr_omg:
I need a setup like that.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are going to do 18s, you might as well get 33s.
Anything smaller than 20s on these SUVs (stock, lowered, or lifted) just gives the "strapped for cash" look if it is not going on an SUV that "looks" like it is meant for specific functions (like first response, government, or specialty vehicles).

I agree to a Extent Modded , On OBS trucks 20s and 35s don't look right , But because the NNBS trucks are a little Bigger body wise than the OBS trucks 20s/35s Look better, I have 18s and Opted them because I like more Tire Plus the bigger the rim The harsher the ride IMHO. But as I stated Because this is a NNBS I would go for the 20s 18s look small on these trucks. But for OBS they are PERFECT.:happy107:

josh19866914

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Josh, that is clean AF!!:mfr_omg:
I need a setup like that.

thanks man its one of a kind! in my opinion the only thing that will make it better ,is a bigger lift. maybe 10". but right now, i think its perfect. not too tall and good stance. trust me, its a head turner.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I agree to a Extent Modded , On OBS trucks 20s and 35s don't look right , But because the NNBS trucks are a little Bigger body wise than the OBS trucks 20s/35s Look better, I have 18s and Opted them because I like more Tire Plus the bigger the rim The harsher the ride IMHO. But as I stated Because this is a NNBS I would go for the 20s 18s look small on these trucks. But for OBS they are PERFECT.:happy107:
Yes, what is said stands for the NNBS only. The fenders on the NNBS are too large, so a decent wheel size is needed. On the NBS and OBS, a smaller wheel can be used and would resemble he look of larger wheels on the NNBS.

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

thanks man its one of a kind! in my opinion the only thing that will make it better ,is a bigger lift. maybe 10". but right now, i think its perfect. not too tall and good stance. trust me, its a head turner.
Is there a reason why you went with ATs instead of MTs for the tire?
I keep coming back to look at your pics.

fco_gonzo

Tahoe BS Detector
Reaction score
I opted for 18's instead of 20's becuase I was strapped for cash, just kidding. I went with 18's becuase I wanted to make sure my sidewall would flex when I lowered the air pressure for the purpose of driving in sand or at the beach. I felt 20's (the tires) would have a toughter sidewall and would not allowed for too much flex when riding with low (10-15 psi) air presure and this would increase my chances of sinking faster.

josh19866914

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, what is said stands for the NNBS only. The fenders on the NNBS are too large, so a decent wheel size is needed. On the NBS and OBS, a smaller wheel can be used and would resemble he look of larger wheels on the NNBS.

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Is there a reason why you went with ATs instead of MTs for the tire?
I keep coming back to look at your pics.

main reason is due to its my daily driver. id get MT's for a better looking tire but it would be impractical for me since i dont go offroading at all and i need the tire life on them. but the tires look good in my opinion

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076