6x9 in rear doors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont think so. they should be the 6 3/4" round ones. Im sure you could get 6X9s to fit if you didnt mind cutting up your door a bit

Tahoeatl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with some cutting yea you can get 6x9s in the doors. hell with cutting and some fiber glassing you can put whatever you want in the doors.
i wanna do 2 par of 6.5s in the front doors with a 8inch sub, back doors have 2 sets of 6.5's in them as well and maybe keep an extra set of 6.5 in the back in my d-pillars since i already have um back there LOL
overkill i know..

OP
OP
HunterZ71

HunterZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
o yeah i know the stock ones are 6 1/2 i was just wondering if they would even fit with the window motor and stuff...i know the doors will have to be cut but i don't mind that

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shit people throw 10" subs in there, 6x9s are no problem if you dont mind cutting it up a bit!

Tahoeatl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they would fit and there are only 2-3 real good pair of 6x9's around right now. Vibe has some great ones... your better off putting a component set in the back doors imo.
i found the setup i want but i might wait seeing that i just put these mb quart pvi216's in the tahoe with a vibe spacebox4...
i really wanna switch to hertz HSK163's after hearing them on my trip last week.
they're 3 ways too
get 2 sets of them for both the front and back doors and in the d-pillars put a set of a set of the hcx165's coaxials.
probably sell the vibe spacebox amp to my cousin and grab another soundigital 1000.4 b/c i love that amp in my G35...

What 6x9's are you considering?

OP
OP
HunterZ71

HunterZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I really have no idea on brands but i like the idea of a set of components in the back too. Where can you find the hertz? What other brands are good?

Tahoeatl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i ordered vibe space 6+3D's today locally cuz my ppl couldnt get me the hertz in a timely manner. im getting my 2010 denali tomorrow and im putting them in it.
2 sets of vibe space 6+3D's. got um for $240 a set

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really have no idea on brands but i like the idea of a set of components in the back too. Where can you find the hertz? What other brands are good?
my $.02, don't spend extra on components for the rear, coax are fine...your main concern is front stage, for you, rest is rear fill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401