6.2L Engine Wait Times...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Printworthy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For what it's worth. I was in line at the GMC Parts Counter today, Jan 24th, (Conley GMC Bradenton Florida) and the guy in front of me was asking "When is his replacement 6.2 engine going to come in?"
Th parts guys replied: "I got two ahead of you. Best I can say is about 8 months".

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth. I was in line at the GMC Parts Counter today, Jan 24th, (Conley GMC Bradenton Florida) and the guy in front of me was asking "When is his replacement 6.2 engine going to come in?"
Th parts guys replied: "I got two ahead of you. Best I can say is about 8 months".
Since this is Jan 8th, 2024. We will be having difficulty understanding your mention of a future conversation.

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Must be a dealer issue. We have one of our few 6.2's that went in 2 weeks ago and needed an engine replacement. New engine arrived this past Tuesday, and we should get it back sometime next week, or the week after. I wonder if that's when the dealer thinks they will get to it, or if the parts guy just gave an answer so the guy would go away? I am surprised they are asking at parts and not their Service Advisor.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From my conversations with TransWest, GM is focusing on getting Warranty work done, and counter parts take a back seat.

Snakeboyaz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My Yukon is in for a new engine, service advisor told me they are getting 6.2’s 2-3 weeks after ordering. They are a very high volume service department though and they order 3 a week typically he says.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo

Latest posts