6.2 liter longevity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a '07 Yukon Denali and I've got over 180k miles on it. I drive the hell out of it - put 60k miles on it in the past 2.5 years. It started leaking oil slowly back in the Springtime and got progressively worse. So far replaced the oilpan gasket, likely looking at valve cover gaskets next. Besides this oil leak I'm trying to track down the thing runs like a top and has had absolutely zero other issues. Love this motor.

Brian Wilson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my 2007 6.2 Denali a few years ago. I had a tick when I bought it and always bothered me . I completely rebuilt the top end with new lifters, thicker pushrods, new rockers with trunion upgrade, comp vvt limiter and a custom cam. long tube headers and cat removal and blackberry tune. no more tick and it has been a shit ton of fun every since. I have taken it to 6k+ at least 200 times since and no problems. no afm crap in it. I run the hell out of it and never had any hint of a problem. probably the most reliable engine I ever had except maybe my old jeep 4.0 I6. since I can't seem to break either one no matter how much I abuse them. and I broke an iron duke once so I know how to abuse an engine. my foot is a force to be reconed with

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleeeper