1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

550 hp Corvette powered ppv swap

Discussion in 'Black Bear Performance' started by Smashleytulsa, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Smashleytulsa

Smashleytulsa TYF Newbie

Name:
    Ash
    So I wrecked my 2007 Corvette that had a 550 horsepower LS2 LS3 Frankenstein and just acquired a couple of 2012 Tahoe ppv and was wondering if there is anyway the computer from the Corvette can be used on the Tahoe so I don't have to have a new tune or would it be easier to just get something from you guys and keep the Tahoe computer how it is.. and I haven't found anybody online that's really done a decent horsepower LS2 or LS3 swap in a 2007 up Tahoe so figured it is something I should do since I have the way and the will

swathdiver likes this.
  2. BlackBearPerf

BlackBearPerf Supporting Vendor Supporting Member

Name:
    Shannon
    I just spoke to our tuner, he said, that corvette ECM won't work in the tahoe. Too many incompatible systems, but your ECM can easily be programmed to handle the engine.

3. Smashleytulsa

Smashleytulsa TYF Newbie

Name:
    Ash
    Awesome thank you so much, one of you two guys to tune my last Tahoe ppv and I have this motor for sale but if somebody doesn't buy it within the next week I'm about to shove it into a Tahoe and see what happens so I will definitely be in contact if I do

BlackBearPerf likes this.
  4. BlackBearPerf

BlackBearPerf Supporting Vendor Supporting Member

Name:
    Shannon
    Sounds good, we will be happy to help.