50K service recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what is recommended by GM for a 50K service? I am not going to do the whole thing, but I was thinking at least a fuel filter and tranny flush and possible a fuel system flush. Any help would be appriciated. Thanks

eandj23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The more services you have done the better the discount. I am going through the same thing right now. When i went to the dealership, they printed out this long list of services they would do. Made it look like they do a lot but actually more than half the stuff was BS like lube the door (i know this is good to do but not going to seal a deal for me).

When i sat down with the technician and started trimming the fat off the list he flat out said ""they" can give you a better deal if it is a package." I told him i wanted some kind of discount off this price and he agreed to take off $200 (took the package price down to around $400) and then i asked him if they were sending out coupons and he said an additional 10% coupon is epected in a week.

Long story short, haggle the dealer a bit, cut a couple of the miscellaneous items but make sure your ride is taken care of.

rogersinsel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what is recommended by GM for a 50K service? I am not going to do the whole thing, but I was thinking at least a fuel filter and tranny flush and possible a fuel system flush. Any help would be appriciated. Thanks

According to the book, change transmission fluid if you live in dusty, hilly terrain or if you drive in high heat/city traffic. Change the transfer case oil if you have a 4wd. Change air filter. Everything else is check, check, check.

Attachments

• 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe Owners Manual Maint.zip
    16.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
OP
OP
Conor

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
According to the book, change transmission fluid if you live in dusty, hilly terrain or if you drive in high heat/city traffic. Change the transfer case oil if you have a 4wd. Change air filter. Everything else is check, check, check.

Was there anything about a fuel filter?

mlwald79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
isn't the fuel filter built into the gas tank? i know it was on my 05 tahoe.

OP
OP
Conor

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
Yeah, I called the dealership last night and I was told there is no fuel filter that can be changed. He just recommended a trany, diffs, transfer case and clean the throttle body.

Thanks for the help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JIMEMAC33