$5.43/Gallon. Driving like Grandma from now on!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomloans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but I am definitely driving to conserve gas these days. Just cruzing along so daintily. Yes I used the word daintily. :D

Cheapest decent gas is at Costco and $5.43/gallon.

Trying to keep my gas mileage around 16 per gallon which is pretty tough with 70/30 city/highway driving. It's better not to drive at all.

I go to buy something on craigslist and by the time I go pick it up and come back, it cost me another $10.00 and sometimes it is just not worth it. I am really starting to calculate the costs to avoid paying too much.

Sigh...

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, man! I filled up at my local Costco for $3.949. Still high, compared to where we came from in the last year or so. Your rates are almost double ours. That hurts bad!

I am already looking to minimize unnecessary trips, combining errands, etc.

When the economy was better (at least "meh"), I was able to hold my own with one full-time job and one part-time weekend job to supplement for fun things like take-out meals and other unnecessary splurges.

Travelling vacations have been out of the question with COVID, but with the cost of groceries, gas, utilities and everything else we actually need... I am seriously thinking of picking up a second part-time job to fill in the gaps to just stay afloat.

However, I can't boo-hoo too much! There is no comparison to my concerns or problems, compared to people watching over their shoulders for the next missile to fall from the sky. I can't even imagine having to be in true survival mode. Makes all my problems and concerns irrelevant compared to everything else people are up against.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I'm retired, and I don't have need to go anywhere on a daily basis, I am retaining my historical driving habits. I drive for true pleasure, and cutting back on my historical driving habits would eliminate the pleasure.

However, I do understand that others are less fortunate than me regarding driving requirements and available cash, and I certainly empathize with those folks.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but I am definitely driving to conserve gas these days. Just cruzing along so daintily. Yes I used the word daintily. :D

Cheapest decent gas is at Costco and $5.43/gallon.

Trying to keep my gas mileage around 16 per gallon which is pretty tough with 70/30 city/highway driving. It's better not to drive at all.

I go to buy something on craigslist and by the time I go pick it up and come back, it cost me another $10.00 and sometimes it is just not worth it. I am really starting to calculate the costs to avoid paying too much.

Sigh...
ertwergt45rt.JPG

OP
OP
T

tomloans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I'm retired, and I don't have need to go anywhere on a daily basis, I am retaining my historical driving habits. I drive for true pleasure, and cutting back on my historical driving habits would eliminate the pleasure.

However, I do understand that others are less fortunate than me regarding driving requirements and available cash, and I certainly empathize with those folks.
Not sure why I am so dang conservative and cheap. I think I have seen too many people firvalously over spend and don't even know it. Because of my business I am privy to the good and the ugly and it has made me extremely conservative.