5.3to6.0 swap really worth it????? or even 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chacho44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 5.3 still runs fine, but was just wondering if its worth it. $$$ is not the issue, just wondering.g about the power difference. Of course there will be but just thinking about it, I can get a 6.0, 6.2, 7.0, my friend has laying around. What's your opinions. I have a 00 Yukon slt

THE-HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think its worth it. I would not just install a stock engine though, that might not be worth the work. I'm sure you would be plenty happy with a lq9 or even a lq4 with a good cam, and ported heads and intake.

ATL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 4l65e grenaded with a stock motor... pos!

what is the overall goal? do you have a hp number ur trying to hit? with some boost, your little 5.3 is capable of over 1000hp. so itd be better to determine your goal and plan from there

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

also, if you already did a l92 swap in a impala, you know what to expect from a 6.2

OP
OP
chacho44

chacho44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly don't have a goal, just can get one these motors cheap. I drove a 6.0 denali so I know what it feels like, now 6.2 is diff lol. Motor will b fairly stock, nothing crazy maybe just a cam, tc, hd kit.

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly don't have a goal, just can get one these motors cheap. I drove a 6.0 denali so I know what it feels like, now 6.2 is diff lol. Motor will b fairly stock, nothing crazy maybe just a cam, tc, hd kit.

dude you need to pm me sometime. I would go with the LS7 7.0 if I were you and you had that available. IMO its no replacement for displacement. Every reason why the 6.0 is much better than the 5.3 stock for stock. Next just decrease your cubic inches, the 6.2 is the 2nd pick. so on, and so on....

You can put a nice cam in the 7.0 and make it have more street manners than a 5.3. Im just saying.. Its about what you want. You can cam a 5.3 and have it very radical as well. 7.0 is far superior to anything.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900