4x4 is messed up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Symba_The_Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey there my 4x4 is messing up and I am dumfounded what's happening is when I put in neutral to put in 4x4 the 4 hi and low just sits there and blinking till I put it into 2wd but I changed the frount acutator and now it does the same thing with the blink lights when trying to put it in 4x4 but 4l works now but still blinks on the dash but when I put it in 4hi it does nothing and also you can hear the famious clunk when you try and shift it in to 4x4 any ideas? I'm hopeing someone on hrre could lend me a hand thank you!

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
If the t-case shifts and the actuator moves I would suspect a broken shift mechanism in the front or the feed back switch circuit is not working properly.

rabbiporkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Time to upgrade to manual shift. Cheaper and easier to fix. It only cost me 200 bucks to convert a 99 from auto to manual.

OP
OP
Symba_The_Lyon

Symba_The_Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wher is the shift mechanism? Is it on the t case? All of this happened after the trans shop rebuilt my tranny 600 miles ago

OP
OP
Symba_The_Lyon

Symba_The_Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was reading that the encoder motor could be bad that's why the lights just sit there and blink do you think that's true? And also is there a way to reset the 4x4?