4WD Switch/Service 4WD Light Issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McDermut

Reaction score
I replaced my old OEM radio with another slightly newer OEM unit, which you have to take the dash panel off then unplug the headlight and 4WD switches to do so. After I plugged everything back in, hooked the battery back up, and started the truck my Service 4WD dash light came on and stayed on for the rest of the evening. It stayed that way for about a day and now it's no longer on.

Another thing I noticed on the 4WD switch itself is while plugged in and mounted on the dash panel, there is no light on the neutral indicator or the lights indicating whether you're in 2 or 4WD. But when I push on the body of the switch the 2/4WD indicator will light up but not the neutral indicator light (even when I shift into neutral). The wires and plugs look to be in good shape, which has me thinking the issue is with the switch itself. Anyone else had this issue or have thoughts on what might cause the Service 4WD light to come on?

This is the type of switch I have in my truck:

TCA-36_Front__ra_p.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011