3rd row seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

red99ws6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have a 2004 tahoe and cant get the 3rd row seats to unfold. they are folded up against the second row now. i can get them to lay flat, but the backs will not come up. i see the latches with 1-2-3 on them but they all seem stuck. thanks in advance.

Poncherello

Reaction score
i have a 2004 tahoe and cant get the 3rd row seats to unfold. they are folded up against the second row now. i can get them to lay flat, but the backs will not come up. i see the latches with 1-2-3 on them but they all seem stuck. thanks in advance.

Chances are the latch is gummed up with old food, rusted, or something is caught in it. Get the seats to lay flat, spray lever one with some lubricant, and gently tap up on lever number 1 with a hammer to break it free, mind you I said gently. Once the lever is freed hold it up while you lift the seat back.

OP
OP
red99ws6

red99ws6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thank you very much....that was easy enough. looks like it was just stuck from being in the same position for several years maybe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melsayed