3rd Row Seat Storage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeTX

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has any good tips for storing their 3rd row seats? I need the cargo space in the back of my Tahoe so the 3rd row will be sitting in my garage most of the time. I hate to just throw plastic bags over them and thought maybe someone might know of a good storage case or cover.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put mine in the basement uncovered for probably 3 years. Took them out recently and they were in great shape

HOE-N-IT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had some large trash bags that I use in the yard. They slid over the seats perfectly. I zip tied them closed and put them in my attic. I don't have room in my garage and I doubt if I will ever use them anyway.

ALVTAHOE

Reaction score
I just store mine in the garage when I need to take them out and put them back in when I am done.

Donnyballgame

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just stow them in the basement as well. I have a platform made that I swap the seats out with. The platform sits in place of the thrid row and creates a flat cargo surface with the second row seats when they are folded down. I can also stow items under the platform to give me 2 levels of storage. This also allows me to sleep in the back of the tahoe when I tow the bike to the track.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could always wipe em down with some leather conditioner before you store em if you really want to keep them looking good

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vinyl conditioner would probably be better since the third row is vinyl, not leather.

Bam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are tucked away in my bedroom closet with a couple of sheets over them. The house I'm in now has a pretty big master bedroom closet and the Wife & I are more of a jeans/t-shirt type people, so I had plenty of room in the closet to spare.

StevenFromTexas

Mr. Negative
Reaction score
I hate to just throw plastic bags over them and thought maybe someone might know of a good storage case or cover.

The first thing I did when my Tahoe came in back in May 2010 is pull out the third row seats, throw a plastic bag over each of them, and toss them into a closet.

I have of habit of throwing away anything I don't use, as I am not into clutter. I may do a YouTube video showing how useless those third row seats are. I'm thinking of pouring a gallon of gas over the two seats and set them on fire. Those third row seats should be an option rather than a requirement. :emotions122:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n