3rd row seat removal Premier Edit:deck added

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Laurie McCargar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If the hex bolts are too tight try a rachet with a longer handle and it will give you more power to break them loose or try a battery powered impact wrench. Good luck. I think it is great that you are willing to tackle this project by yourself.

THANK YOU!!!!

Laurie McCargar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've decided not to dismantle anything but still add my build of storage with deck/bed above. If all works as I envision, I will still have use of 2nd and 3rd-row seats by moving all deck parts to the cargo area behind the 3rd row. When the deck is in use, the seats cannot be used. If anyone wants to see how my build ends up, let me know. I have a temp one in place right now but the 'phase 2' model will be done later this week!

Captain Insaino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in seeing what you come up with. I'm toying with the idea of removing the third row and building a deck that will line up with the second row when folded. I want a platform I can use for cargo or sleeping with storage underneath for tools, tire chains, gear, etc. This would be for a Hoe, not a Burb.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
I've decided not to dismantle anything but still add my build of storage with deck/bed above. If all works as I envision, I will still have use of 2nd and 3rd-row seats by moving all deck parts to the cargo area behind the 3rd row. When the deck is in use, the seats cannot be used. If anyone wants to see how my build ends up, let me know. I have a temp one in place right now but the 'phase 2' model will be done later this week!

Yes, please post some pictures

afishinado

Reaction score
I am starting to look for my next Tahoe. I like to buy the last year or two of a body style that was a rental with 25k or so (I want some factory warranty). Almost bought a new 16 and walked because I couldn't remove the 3rd row seat. Been thinking of looking close at one to see if this can be done, before I go all in and buy a 21.... Hard enough for me to justify a used 19 or 20.
But, THIS THREAD ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTIONS! THANK YOU!

Philpug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for this thread. The losss of storage space along with the angled floor is one of the things holding us back from getting a 16-19 YXL. This helps a ton.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so, after seeing this thread before, i realized that my wife had been complaining of things FALLING out of the back when the rear hatch opens...

i simply took this idea and shimmed our rear tray with a couple small strips of 3/4" hardwood ply wood that i had laying around.

been several weeks and i have not heard a single complaint.

S Hoffman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, I have my 3rd row seat on my '16 Yukon out (thank you these instructions were very helpful), but I'd like to separate the 3rd row seat in order to get it up in my attic. There are 3 bolts that appear to hold the left and right base frame together, but I can't get to it with a wrench or socket. Has anyone tried to separate the 3rd row for ease of storage?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos