2015 PPV roof rack installation.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Veloxrev

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just finished buying a OEM roof rack. It’s easy to get cross rail but the side rails are more difficult. I finally got a new set off of EBay for 165bucks plus shipping . The installation is quite tedious and time consuming. You have to get the roof headliner lose from the rear pillar of the front seat to the back of the cabin. There are 4 hand holds to remove and the pillar covers from the front seats to the rear and the rear headliner cover as well. You have to remove the exterior trim strips by prying them up and snapping out. You have to drill 4 holes for the rack hold down bolts. There are trim snap in fittings at each end of the new rails. The factory trim hold down pins are almost in the correct spot if you locate the rails about 1/2 inch forward of the stock position but I drilled new holes and installed rivnuts and made custom lock pins with 3/4 inch M6/100 screws once the holes are drilled and the side rail is in place you have to pull the headliner down to get your arm in to the install the nuts. This is fairly difficult and at times frustrating but the second one is much easier than the first one.after the rails were installed and all bolts and molding were in place I used a section of the original trim to close the remaining gap in the body channel at the front of the rack.

Last edited:

isdatspinks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just finished buying a OEM roof rack. It’s easy to get cross rail but the side rails are more difficult. I finally got a new set off of EBay for 165bucks plus shipping . The installation is quite tedious and time consuming. You have to get the roof headliner lose from the rear pillar of the front seat to the back of the cabin. There are 4 hand holds to remove and the pillar covers from the front seats to the rear and the rear headliner cover as well. You have to remove the exterior trim strips by prying them up and snapping out. You have to drill 4 holes for the rack hold down bolts. There are trim snap in fittings at each end of the new rails. The factory trim hold down pins are almost in the correct spot if you locate the rails about 1/2 inch forward of the stock position but I drilled new holes and installed rivnuts and made custom lock pins with 3/4 inch M6/100 screws once the holes are drilled and the side rail is in place you have to pull the headliner down to get your arm in to the install the nuts. This is fairly difficult and at times frustrating but the second one is much easier than the first one.after the rails were installed and all bolts and molding were in place I used a section of the original trim to close the remaining gap in the body channel at the front of the rack.
Any pictures of the installation

peter_swfl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m about to do the same thing. I bought OEM side rails off eBay for my 2015 PPV and they’re on their way. Any other tips or photos?

Thanks!

peter_swfl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2015 PPV and I'm about to install my OEM side rails tomorrow. Did you line up your holes in the same place as the factory side rails? I notice on the inside of the roof there are areas you can tell the factory holes lined up with holes in the layers of sheet metal.

"I drilled new holes and installed rivnuts and made custom lock pins with 3/4 inch M6/100 screws" is this what you did for the snap fittings for the trim on either end of the rail?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins