3rd row Power Fold Interference

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tyrell

Reaction score
Does anyone else have this issue with the 3rd row power folding seat? Is there a simple fix?

If trying to raise or lower the 3rd row using the power folding feature when the 2nd row seats are in the rear-most position, the 3rd row cannot raise/lower.
- Cannot raise 3rd row because there is a slight friction/interference with the back of the 2nd row seat.
- Cannot lower 3rd row because the 3rd row headrests do not fold down in time to clear the back of the 2nd row seat.
- To resolve both situations, I have to move the 2nd row seats slightly forward from the rear-most position.

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
The fix is moving up the 2nd row 1 notch unfortunately. Same issue on my denali with 2nd row bench

OP
OP
T

Tyrell

Reaction score
At least I'm not alone in this obvious design flaw. I've been thinking maybe there's a way to restrict the 2nd row from sliding back all the way to prevent the interference. Maybe a 3D-printed insert in the seat track or something? I haven't had a chance to look into the design of the seat track myself.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Small workaround...if you are back there and need to get it done quick, you can hit the tumble button for row 2, it forces the seat up a notch, and then the 3rd row can fold...(obviously if you then need the 2nd row, or 2nd row has child seats installed, this won't work, but I have used it to ball myself out in a pinch.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is some good info. Seems to me that when the salesman demo'd the 3rd-row folding, he ran into this problem.

Sorry to thread-jack, but I'm guessing the OP et al might know the answer to this quick question: If I press both of the 3rd-row fold buttons at the same time, will both seats in fact fold at the same time? (I've got a bench-seat cover that spans both the back seats, and it ties behind each headrest. So, if I only fold one seat without detaching the headrest straps, then it's going to pull on the headrest of the other seat.)

OP
OP
T

Tyrell

Reaction score
Pressing both buttons at same time folds both 3rd row seats at roughly the same time. Mine are ever-so-slightly out of sync, barely noticeable. I think it's because the cable tension/actuation is slightly different on each side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dzg9

Latest posts