3rd brake light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey all, i got a new 3rd brake light and would like to know what is the best way to get to the plug

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
Where did you pick it up?

Anyway, remove the top trim peice from the cargo area...think its like 3 screws and some clips if I remember correctly. Then just pull the headliner back bit and you should the wiring.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
or you can just go on the outside of the truck, take the 3rd brake light off by 2 hex screws on each side and pull the wiring through the little hole on the roof.. each way works.. if you have to replace the 3rd brake light, you should do it this way, itll be more convenient.

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
LoL do it that way. I think I pulled the headliner because I had to splice the wiring.

mikeykey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a couple LED's go out on my 3rd brake light and pulled it off the same way atomic said. Unscrewed the two hex screws and pulled the wire up, then disconnected it. Pulled the electronic board out of the light housing and replaced all the burnt out LEDs.

They need to make an aftermarket light soooooooooooo bad!!!!

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
I picked one up on ebay...the LEDs seem brighter and it only has half the amount the OE one had. Didn't have the male plug connector so you have to splice into the wiring though.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
I had a couple LED's go out on my 3rd brake light and pulled it off the same way atomic said. Unscrewed the two hex screws and pulled the wire up, then disconnected it. Pulled the electronic board out of the light housing and replaced all the burnt out LEDs.

They need to make an aftermarket light soooooooooooo bad!!!!

what kind of LEDS were they?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alejo2160