3rd brake light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roadrageror

ROADRAGEROR
Reaction score
i have a 99 yukon denali and i'm trying to find a clear l.e.d brake light for it but having problems locating one. anybody know a store or brand name.i found some for later years but not the 92-99 style.thanks

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
Ditto, I don't think makes a 3rd brake light for us. I searched for about a month and came up wit nothing. Mine had about 4 LEDs so I ended up replacing it with an OEM one off of ebay.

OP
OP
roadrageror

roadrageror

ROADRAGEROR
Reaction score
I bought one off ebay exactley like the pic and not even a close fit. I need one bad I'm sure sombody makes one out there!!!

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
Damn, just re-read my last post, all ****** up.

I doubt anybody makes a third break light for us, I searched hi and low and did not find anything. Like I said earlier...or meant to say, my original had 4 LEDs out in it so I went ahead and bought a new one off of ebay, the LEDs are brighter but there is only half the amount of LEDs than the original. Turned out good for me because the spacing matches my LED tail lights.

mikeykey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you’re looking for a new one b/c you have several lights burnt out, don’t go out and buy a new one, fix the damn thing!!!!

Remove the light (there is a plug which makes un-installation a snap)
Remove the burnt LEDs with a soldering iron (just heat the solder and pull)
Buy some new LEDS from radio shack
Soldered the new LEDs in (this doesn’t take an expert, it’s just a long plastic strip with LEDs in a line)

Took me around 30 minutes when I did mine about a year ago.

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
im thinking of shaving my TBL, has anyone ever done this/heard of anyone doing this?

but if your looking for something brighter/better you could always buy one of these. there 12/14 volt ready and you could use 2 separate ones kind of like a line of fire, make them work with your break/turn signals.

http://www.oznium.com/led-flex-strips

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willabea