3rd brake light blinks 5 times the goes solid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07darkbluetahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was driving behind my wife yesterday and I noticed that every time she hit the brakes the 3rd brake light would blink 5 times then stay solid on. Its kinda annoying. Any one got any suggestions. Its an 07 Tahoe LT I bought it used two months ago. The only thing that it had aftermarket was a grill other then that it looks completely stock. Thanks

04ctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's some special bulb they put in them, i guess at the dealer.

a lot of the cars around here, from one specific dealer, do that.

i think it's annoying, but I have it on my motorcycle, so it is effective.

it's prolly more safe, so just leave it alone.

you need all the help you can to keep from getting hit :)

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its not a bulb, its a little wired in module. i have one on my tundra. bought it for the mercedes after it got rear ended but it kept triggering the bulb out message so i removed it and put it on my tundra. it makes a huge difference when dumbasses dont pay attention to regular brake lights. just leave it there. its a good saftey mod. does it do it over and over when sitting in traffic? mine only does it when u first apply the brakes and then stays solid when sitting still in traffic...so it only gets extra attention when its initially slowing down. all the motorcycles in our family have had them and for good reason. people dont pay attention. im probally gonna get one for the yukon someday...when i remember.

SabrToothSqrl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea

a lot of high end cars (Lambo, Benz, audi, etc) do it...

Depending on what state your in, for inspection, it may or may not pass.

It's most likely wired inside the spoiler... they are not that hard to take off...

04ctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its not a bulb, its a little wired in module. i have one on my tundra. bought it for the mercedes after it got rear ended but it kept triggering the bulb out message so i removed it and put it on my tundra. it makes a huge difference when dumbasses dont pay attention to regular brake lights. just leave it there. its a good saftey mod. does it do it over and over when sitting in traffic? mine only does it when u first apply the brakes and then stays solid when sitting still in traffic...so it only gets extra attention when its initially slowing down. all the motorcycles in our family have had them and for good reason. people dont pay attention. im probally gonna get one for the yukon someday...when i remember.

yep!

http://www.flashingbrakelights.com/

jeffyrc

Bow Tie For Life
Reaction score
I was driving down the road and noticed this mod on a tahoe. My first thought was wow how annoying. Then I thought I want one. It drew my attention and I think it would be a good idea with the way people drive these days. I'm going to do this mod for sure

Last edited:

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hhmmn I never seen any cars with those here in cali and I spend 2 hours of driving a day. In fact I never even heard of it. it maybe that its illegal here

jeffyrc

Bow Tie For Life
Reaction score
Hhmmn I never seen any cars with those here in cali and I spend 2 hours of driving a day. In fact I never even heard of it. it maybe that its illegal here

yeah im from cali and i never saw it there either. not till i came to north carolina. ive only seen it once here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia