3' Performance Accessories Body Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr Tahoe

Reaction score
Anyone have one of these? I have a 03 LT and looking for some feedback. Just want bigger tires.

Before you blast me with "poor man's lift", realize that all of the write ups here made me buy a ton of perforance stuff. I am a poor man now... haha!

I want to lift, buy tires, and buy rims. I don't really off road, but like the look. I only realy tow a boat.. Don't need anything but looks.

Let me know if you have one, like it, and post a pic if you have the time.

A side question: I have duel pipes out the back under the bumper. Will I have to have them redone with a body lift, or will the bumper drops take care of it?

Dr Tahoe

OP
OP
D

Dr Tahoe

Reaction score
You got my attention. Is there a ride difference that is harsh or stiff?

Your set up looks tight, and I would mind it. I like the body lift as they advertise OEM ride quality.

How is the key/spacer compare?

Might make sence if I don't have to go back to the muffler shop.

Still loking for additional opionons from someone that has a body lift...

Jarheadgixxer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The Ride with a body lift won't be much different. You well notice a change in handling due to the higher center of gravity.

The Key/Spacer well not require you to go back to the muffler shop because its not lefting just the body, I think it well change the ride quality some, but from what I've read its not that bad.

I personaly i'm going with a body left when I can front the dough. I want to run my 33x12.50's on a ten inch wide rim. I've had them before on my z71 pick up and my dad has a body lift on his blazer.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
+1 on the zone, frame already hangs low as hell on these trucks.

ThwopKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know with body lift on newer fords with the adjustable pedals you have to do osme modding...same as on tahoes?

boroblack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a 3" on my sierra, I also had it leveled out too. One thing that I did notice was more drag (wind resistance) which affected my MPG's slightly. Once I added the 35's it dropped it even more.

As mentioned above, it changes your center of gravity, so going around corners is a noticeable difference.

southbar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the Performance Accesories 3" lift in my 05. Drives about the same as it did before. I've had it in for over a year, and haven't had any problems. The frame does sit low, but if you leave the running boards on and get some gap guards, you will hardly notice.

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
If you go with the whole keys, spacers and shocks package from rough country, you wont notice much of a difference in ride. Some people like the "truck" feel to it. The reason my truck looks taller is because of the smaller tires. Im only running 265s.