3 O2 Sensors on 1999 Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Great. A sensor swap and fill the open hole with the bad sensor is the best of both worlds and no money spent. Cross your fingers.

liquify33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 4 and it feels like the connector comes from a T right above the transmission output shaft. Connector is above transfer case right where you are looking for it. Less than a foot from where the sensor is. My best guess is that they are part of the bundle on the passenger frame by the grounds and exhaust or part of the big bundle that ties into the intake manifold against the firewall near the AC drier. Really hard to see/follow in a driveway.

A260B0B5-AB89-4535-AC78-7EF121B77FD2.jpeg

OP
OP
T

Tahoepleasue

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 4 and it feels like the connector comes from a T right above the transmission output shaft. Connector is above transfer case right where you are looking for it. Less than a foot from where the sensor is. My best guess is that they are part of the bundle on the passenger frame by the grounds and exhaust or part of the big bundle that ties into the intake manifold against the firewall near the AC drier. Really hard to see/follow in a driveway.

View attachment 240314
That's the plug I'm looking for! Ughh, I actually pulled the entire wire harness off the top of the transmission looking for that exact plug (passenger and drivers side) and it's not there. I can see a bracket on top of the t-case where the O2 sensor clips to but that's it. Thank you so much for checking!! I was hoping that others would not have a plug too so I could say that this tahoe has only 3 working sensors and just move on but I'll still be on hunt....

liquify33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the plug I'm looking for! Ughh, I actually pulled the entire wire harness off the top of the transmission looking for that exact plug (passenger and drivers side) and it's not there. I can see a bracket on top of the t-case where the O2 sensor clips to but that's it. Thank you so much for checking!! I was hoping that others would not have a plug too so I could say that this tahoe has only 3 working sensors and just move on but I'll still be on hunt....
That’s got to be frustrating. I can’t see why someone would remove 1 and leave 3 intentionally

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith Fuentes