O2 sensors and LQ4 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kopp89

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Having benefitted from some months of lurking on this site, I thought I would share something that worked for me:

2004 Yukon 4.8 to 6.0 swap.
For the swap, I kept the original harness, and original pcm. Every few startups, I'd get P0135 and P0155 codes for the front O2 sensor heater circuits.
I had a friend write an hptuners repository tune (from a 2004 yukon xl 6.0). Same thing. Then segment swapped only the necessary segments. Same thing.

What seems to have fixed the problem is to use the trapezoid plugged O2 sensors (in the front only) from the 6.0 equipped GMT800s of these years.
The 2004 yukon 4.8 has square plug O2 sensors.

I bought some extensions on ebay (for Camaros getting headers), cut and spliced them to the old O2 sensor plugs. That way I didn't have to modify the vehicle's harness (or the sensors). The plugs have letters marked on them (faintly). A:A, B:B C:E D:D)

Of course, you'll want to verify these pinouts for your own specific model (don't fry your pcm following my advice!).

Part # for the denso sensors I used: 234-4669

I'm posting this because I tried a lot of different things to solve this problem, and hours of searching the forums turned up very little useful advice on the specific issue I was having. Hope it's helpful for someone!

Attachments

• PXL_20240120_164737353.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240120_164737353.MP.jpg
    358.6 KB · Views: 9
  • LS O2 Sensor Pinouts.pdf
    213.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Thank you for supplying this information based upon your experience. Our collective knowledge base has been increased.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts