3 inch rear drop, ride is harsh

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FLHOE

Reaction score
After installing the eibach pro kit with belltech pro shocks, shock extenders and airlift bags the front rides fine but the rear rides like crap. Not sure what the issue is but I have to be barely moving to go over a speed bump or the back slams down. The back is either way to stiff or there is not enough travel and it is bottoming out. Originally I did install sway bars but the ride was so bad I went back to the factories. This helped but I really think something is wrong with the rear??? So you understand what I am looking for, on a scale of 1-10 and 1 being a corvette and 10 being a cadillac, the ride went from a 7 to a 2. I did not want to give up that much comfort for just a 2/3 drop. I would prefer it to be closer to 4-5. Any ideas how to improve the ride quality or what might be wrong?

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't think the ride would be that bad honestly, the issue is you probably have non-progressive rate springs.

That means that they are really stiff, and that could be compounded if you have the HD version of springs. What color are the springs?

I personally went with a 4 drop Belltech 5305 spring which is a progressive rate spring allowing for stock-like comfort. I also did the free travel mod to keep the stock rear end travel as close to stock as possible

Are you selling your aftermarket sway bars?

B

OP
OP
F

FLHOE

Reaction score
Trimmed the bump stops and they springs are black. Eibach did say they were a progressive spring rate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper