3" body lift, do i need extended shocks???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

riviera rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just wondering if when i put this lift on my truck within the month will i need extended shocks??? i was looking at getting some air shocks possibly but if i have to get extended then i will

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, it's a BODY lift. All that does is space the body farther off the frame. It has nothing to do with your suspension.

Chevyrider619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But if you do decide to get shocks,go with some fox..if they blow on you,you can rebuild them,and they look sick man

OP
OP
riviera rider

riviera rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i havent gotten under and looked for some reason i thought that the rear shocks might be bolted onto the body

im probaly just going to grab some decent shocks just to replace them while im at it anyway since im changing all the steering shit up front anyway

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i havent gotten under and looked for some reason i thought that the rear shocks might be bolted onto the body

im probaly just going to grab some decent shocks just to replace them while im at it anyway since im changing all the steering shit up front anyway

Nah they are bolted to the frame... Shocks wouldn't be a bad idea to keep everything tight while your rebuilding it.

OP
OP
riviera rider

riviera rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds good ill add it to the list then, looking like im spending around 400$ on steering and suspension parts then plus this damn lift kit!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep