3.5 Lift on my Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T-Spoon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Gotta tell this quick story i purchased my Hoe used from this Dude i was aware the suspension was shot i took it to “meineke”(full service shop here in Tx) i needed upper ball joints,shocks, struts, they literally quoted me nearly $4000 WTF?
I took it to “Texas Tire”( a shop that specializes in financing wheel, tire and suspension packages) the guy told me why don’t you just do the 3.5 RC lift you get new control arms which come with upper ball joints we’ll do the lifted struts and after market shocks.. $1500 installed .. well, i am happy as hell, she rides smooth as hell and i love the way it looks

Attachments

• 07B567C8-6A68-4D31-A264-F4C96FEA7154.jpeg
    07B567C8-6A68-4D31-A264-F4C96FEA7154.jpeg
    308 KB · Views: 54

Walchit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good! I just did the rc 2" level and all new Moog control arms, tie rods, and sway bar links and bushings. I need to get an alignment, but my test drive out to my buddy's shop seemed pretty smooth.

OP
OP
T-Spoon

T-Spoon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks good! I just did the rc 2" level and all new Moog control arms, tie rods, and sway bar links and bushings. I need to get an alignment, but my test drive out to my buddy's shop seemed pretty smooth.
That awesome when i bought her she had a leveling kit with 18’s on it ..but the suspension was gone so it rode like crap if i didn’t have to replace damn near everything i probably would have just stayed with the level

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d suggest you take some time to get used to the changes in handling. Last year a friend installed a 6” lift on a 2002 Yukon XL he had owned since new. He rolled it on the first trip out, total loss. Fortunately he only cut his thumb on broken glass.

OP
OP
T-Spoon

T-Spoon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’d suggest you take some time to get used to the changes in handling. Last year a friend installed a 6” lift on a 2002 Yukon XL he had owned since new. He rolled it on the first trip out, total loss. Fortunately he only cut his thumb on broken glass.
I am used to driving lifted vehicles this Tahoe has a lil more body roll but it’s all good she drives really well .. i don’t drive it like a sports car lol

09_4WD_YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am used to driving lifted vehicles this Tahoe has a lil more body roll but it’s all good she drives really well .. i don’t drive it like a sports car lol
I've noticed more body roll with my Yukon also. Had an 04 Z71 Silverado with a 3" body lift and 6.5" BDS suspension lift and didn't have as much body roll as the Yukon with just a leveling kit.

richs1

Reaction score
Gotta tell this quick story i purchased my Hoe used from this Dude i was aware the suspension was shot i took it to “meineke”(full service shop here in Tx) i needed upper ball joints,shocks, struts, they literally quoted me nearly $4000 WTF?
I took it to “Texas Tire”( a shop that specializes in financing wheel, tire and suspension packages) the guy told me why don’t you just do the 3.5 RC lift you get new control arms which come with upper ball joints we’ll do the lifted struts and after market shocks.. $1500 installed .. well, i am happy as hell, she rides smooth as hell and i love the way it looks
what size tires are you running? I am picking up a 2011 z71 Tahoe Tuesday and I want to lift it a little and run some bigger nitto ridge grapplers. I just sold an 04 Z71 Tahoe with a leveling kit on it and I was running 33x11.50-20’s on it. I don’t want to sacrifice ride quality. Appreciate your input.

Californian

Reaction score
I am interested in what shocks you decided to go with. I'm currently looking at the RC 3.5 & 7.5 kits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MURDD0CK