2nd row swap bench for buckets? Florida

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I have a mint condition 2013 Suburban LTZ. I have second row bench in tan leather. No rips, tears, stains, smells, or wear. I prefer buckets and read of many wanting the bench for larger families. If you have the same condition, color buckets and would like to swap for the bench I am in Jupiter, Fla. I know early trucks are different from late from what I read, hope someone knows which years easily swap? I took pics tonight, will post if someone is interested.

Thanks

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I have a mint condition 2013 Suburban LTZ. I have second row bench in tan leather. No rips, tears, stains, smells, or wear. I prefer buckets and read of many wanting the bench for larger families. If you have the same condition, color buckets and would like to swap for the bench I am in Jupiter, Fla. I know early trucks are different from late from what I read, hope someone knows which years easily swap? I took pics tonight, will post if someone is interested.

Thanks

Your seat will fit in any LWB (Suburban, Yukon XL or Escalade ESV) 2007-2014 for sure and I believe even the 2015-2020, but not positive. It will not fit in a SWB (Tahoe, Yukon or Escalade)

OP
OP
Seamus

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I remember LWB and SWB are different, but thought the earlier years had an issue with the carpet not fitting correctly? Shouldnt be an issue on my side as I put brand new carpet in and have full coverage.? Thanks for the input

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The only difference between the bench and bucket carpet is the addition of a plastic surround covered with moulded, matching carpet that is literally laying around the base of the captain’s chairs.

If you didn’t know to look for them, you’d never know they were missing. The carpet still covers the floor on both versions when the swap is made.

Don’t be afraid to offer the swap to a dealer who may have a matching set on their lot. It’s an uncommon 8 passenger option some are willing to pay a premium for.

Are they heated and equipped with electric tumble function?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Seamus

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only difference between the bench and bucket carpet is the addition of a plastic surround covered with moulded, matching carpet that is literally laying around the base of the captain’s chairs.

If you didn’t know to look for them, you’d never know they were missing. The carpet still covers the floor on both versions when the swap is made.

Don’t be afraid to offer the swap to a dealer who may have a matching set on their lot. It’s an uncommon 8 passenger option some are willing to pay a premium for.

Are they heated and equipped with electric tumble function?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Buddy. Thats the exact scenario of the 1st owner. He ordered this truck with every option including the 3.42 rear and heavy duty tow package and......the 2nd row bench! He had 5 kids! He couldnt find a bench, so he ordered it as it was important to him. With 5 kids I was in shock at how well it was cared for and bought based on condition and full maintenance records. It was the right move, its a fantastic truck. But I have one kid and one dog, and find when we travel I would like that pass though.

Yes it has the electric tumble on both sides, but I dont think heat? My '15 and '17 had rear heat but I dont think this one?

dkad260

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Late to the thread but for others interested, be mindful that when you go from buckets to the bench, you lose the rearward recline. Could be a deal breaker for long trips.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gudmat