2nd row console ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wing Bucket

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi folks, Our 2014 Yukon XL has the heated captains chairs in the 2nd row. I’m considering swapping those for a bench if I can find one. But also exploring options for a console in between.

Something with cup holders, a flat surface for the kids to put things on, and storage.

Has anyone found an aftermarket console they really like?

I know GM makes one for these models [pic attached]. But I’m guessing they’re fairly rare to find out in the wild….

Attachments

• EFDC6841-36F4-4E61-B165-632071E49799.jpeg
    EFDC6841-36F4-4E61-B165-632071E49799.jpeg
    476.2 KB · Views: 29

jdwood1111

Reaction score
Where are you located? I actually literally just removed that exact center console before taking my 2011 yukon XL down to the florida. I have 4 little kids and 5th coming and the center console doesn't really work for us and I have been looking for bench seats as well. I was going to keep it for future but may never really need it again so could possibly sell it to ya! PM me.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another option is to build a subwoofer box with cup holders built in. Somebody on this Forum did this within the past year. I just have the subwoofer with no cup holders, but it is functional as a flat surface to put things on. In my case, my 95 lb. White Shepherd likes to sit on it and look out the front windshield over my shoulder (hence all the dog hair).

Sub-Woofer Enclosure - Small File.jpg

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
I don't know where this thing came from, but I have a "middle seat" console thing of sorts that came with my tahoe.

It even has it's own seatbelt.

Here it is in "Seat mode"
1666469946508.png
1666469975964.png

Bottom opened up to revel extra storage (and the seatbelts disconnected since I had it removed.
1666470037744.png

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
The bracket in the floor,
1666470196528.png

My favorite part of this design,
The bracket is super easy to remove, and it's heavy duty for the seatbelts.

Remove the folding seat latch covers, and it reveals the mounts.
Remove the bracket in minutes and it's back to a clean carpet floor w/o mounts or holes left in the floor!

The only thing i hate about it is that they should have made it with cutouts for the arm rests.
the way it is now, you need to remove the arm rests in the captain chairs in order to install it.

If i decide I like it, I'll probably do some modding to it and it recovered.

ETA: I always thought it needed some cup holders in the back of that seat.:whip:
It could also use a hinge in the front of the seat, I would love it if that thing folded forward like the captain chairs do.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wing Bucket

Wing Bucket

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The bracket in the floor,
View attachment 383501

My favorite part of this design,
The bracket is super easy to remove, and it's heavy duty for the seatbelts.

Remove the folding seat latch covers, and it reveals the mounts.
Remove the bracket in minutes and it's back to a clean carpet floor w/o mounts or holes left in the floor!

The only thing i hate about it is that they should have made it with cutouts for the arm rests.
the way it is now, you need to remove the arm rests in the captain chairs in order to install it.

If i decide I like it, I'll probably do some modding to it and it recovered.

ETA: I always thought it needed some cup holders in the back of that seat.:whip:
It could also use a hinge in the front of the seat, I would love it if that thing folded forward like the captain chairs do.
That thing is great!! Looks pretty sturdy.

OP
OP
Wing Bucket

Wing Bucket

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Another option is to build a subwoofer box with cup holders built in. Somebody on this Forum did this within the past year. I just have the subwoofer with no cup holders, but it is functional as a flat surface to put things on. In my case, my 95 lb. White Shepherd likes to sit on it and look out the front windshield over my shoulder (hence all the dog hair).

View attachment 383489
Nice…. Get to keep the captains chair armrests with that setup too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne