2nd row bench addition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I know I'm late to this party.

Like a few of you I wanted some cup holders and storage for the second row. I place for my daughter to put her drinks, DVD remote and headsets, etc...

What I ended up doing was getting a center jump seat out of a 2016 Silverado that was black and matched the rest of my Tahoe's interior. I had to fabricate a couple of brackets and order some USB mini cables but it works well. I also made some covers for the arm rest that I removed from the captains chairs.

A big NOTE: while this is a great way to get some storage, cup holders and nice arm rest put in, you can't use this option for seating. The jump seat isn't mounted in a way that it would hold a passenger in an accident. Which is why I didn't install the seat belt that came with the seat. I got this off of ebay for $200 shipped.

seat.jpg

seat1.jpg

seat3.jpg

seat4.jpg

seat5.jpg

Looks good. Clean car scent?

Cantrepeat

Reaction score
Looks good. Clean car scent?

Courtesy of our local car wash. They call it new car scent but I don't think it smells like a new car. Wife likes it.

Oh, I tried to run a splitter off the front consoles rear USB charging ports to the new rear console, however, this did not work. I'm not sure if the HMI doesn't like it but I could only run one or the other USB hubs. Once I put the splitter in both would stop working after a minute or two.

Last edited:

jsoltren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the bench I want to put in, It looks like there are two ways those came, some with that hard carpet covered plastic and some with thick carpet....I guess it really does not matter which one I replace with...
Thanks again!

Some update here.

I did a seat swap about a year ago (May '19) with a local forum member. Check earlier in the thread for the info.

Well, he had an '09 with a bench, and I had a '13 with the captain's chairs. The seats bolted right in but the carpet/trim behind the bench was a different story. The hard plastic cover worked but I find it reduces foot room (slightly) and increases road noise (slightly) compared to the carpet.

As it turns out there were two flavors: 2007-2009 used the carpet covered hard plastic, 2010-2014 used the soft insulation mat and carpet.

GM 22997054 is the carpet and insulation part number I needed, in a 2013, with Lt Cashmere trim, and a second row bench. At least, that's according to the local Chevy dealer. We'll see if it's the correct part when it arrives.

jsoltren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correction from last time: GM 22997054 is the carpet number (tan/cashmere), GM 22837755 is the insulation. They are parts 14 and 16 respectively in this diagram. If you need a different carpet, a Google search for one of these part numbers should take you to one of a number of vendors who offer them. Note that this is for 2010 and newer extended wheelbase SUVs.

100823TK16-038.jpeg

Rjjones253

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve got a 2013 Tahoe with heated and power folding black bench. I’m looking for captains chairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in the opposite situation. I have a bench in my denali and want the buckets ;). Just have to find someone in Michigan.
Did you ever find anyone to swap your 2nd row bench out with? I have a set of 2nd row Captains that I’m looking to replace with a bench seat (2011 Yukon Denali, Ebony interior - South West Michigan).

Nrphlly

Reaction score
I’d like to swap. I have black captains chairs out of LTZ

osubort

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 2018 Tahoe black bucket seats I'd like to swap for bench. Power fold and heated. located in Oregon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcoop