2nd row bench addition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

anonymous6915

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If I purchased a bench seat from a newer tahoe, wouldn't I just need to swap my captains chair female seat belt connector onto the bench to make it work? Or is this the part that gets sent out?

Forgive my ignorance as I havnt opened it up yeat but shouldn't it be a bold holding the strap to the frame?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

LRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of work did you have done to the seatbelts? And where did you send them if u dont mind me asking.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The seat belt buckles on the new seat are slightly smaller and wont work with the male end attached to the truck. So i took the female ends off my old seat and mailed them with the female ends from the new seat to a company called seatbelt planet. They are in edmond OK. They will need to open up the webbing to swap over the needed female ends and brackets. They have the proper equipment to sew seat belt webbing. No upholstery shop will mess with seat belt webbing, its a liability. I called one upholster and he said “you have to replace the seat belt” before he even knew what i was asking, so i didnt waste anymore time with calling other upholstery shops. You will need to call seat belt planet and tell them what you want and they will do a work order for you before you mail your stuff off. This may sound confusing but once you do the swap and have the seat belts pulled out you will see exactly what im talking about.

Jordan Shafer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am interested in converting my 2nd row captains chairs to a bench seat. I have power fold and heat in black. I would be interested in trading someone for the bench option. Any takers? I live in Central Illinois and would be willing to meet within a reasonable range. Must be 2007-2013 and standard Yukon

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im looking for the same but in tan

does anyone know if I have heated and power captain chairs I can add a bench that is missing these features
I have a 2013 LTZ with a tan bench, perfect condition. Cant seem to send you a PM?

WifesHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We own a 2010 Tahoe LTZ with 2nd row buckets and 3rd row bench and wondering if it is possible to make the 2nd row a bench seat? Any info or part numbers would be helpful.

Thanks

We own a 2007 Tahoe ltz and went from a bench second row to the captain chairs second row, everything fit perfectly, I did read somewhere that if your going to switch seats to make sure it’s a short wheel base for short wheel base, instead of getting seats out of a suburban and putting then in a Tahoe won’t fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt