2nd Battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txsmainevent

"The Lurker"
Reaction score
Anybody got any ideas on mounting a second battery? its not the normal sized battery. its a audio battery like the kinetic hc600. thought about building a rack out of wood and mount it on the passenger side. would wood make a good bracket or should i mount it on the amp rack i plan on building under the rear seats? in my caprice i had no problem putting the battery in the trunk, but since this is a wide open rear end im kinda leaning towards not putting it inside....any ideas? should i try modifying a stock battery holder (pick one up from the junk yard)?

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
Anybody got any ideas on mounting a second battery? its not the normal sized battery. its a audio battery like the kinetic hc600. thought about building a rack out of wood and mount it on the passenger side. would wood make a good bracket or should i mount it on the amp rack i plan on building under the rear seats? in my caprice i had no problem putting the battery in the trunk, but since this is a wide open rear end im kinda leaning towards not putting it inside....any ideas? should i try modifying a stock battery holder (pick one up from the junk yard)?

Here is best write-up/info your goin get:
http://tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=562&highlight=dual+battery

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Built a wood rack for mine and just used L clamps to hold it in place

24364_1363193969140_1510344527_947385_6138716_n.jpg

OP
OP
T

txsmainevent

"The Lurker"
Reaction score
Built a wood rack for mine and just used L clamps to hold it in place

So no issues wit it mounted in the truck? heard somebody on here sayin all batteries give off some sort of gas.....i have my son and daughter in there and dont want any issues.....

Sir-Lancelot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are not using the rear factory sub you can mount a decent size battery beside the wheel well inside the panel.

OP
OP
T

txsmainevent

"The Lurker"
Reaction score
would you recommend putting it under the passenger seats (i dont have the 3rd row) on a amp rack? i only have about 17' of 0 gauge power and ill be coming off the alternator instead of the primary battery. id like to do a "dry run" and see how much wire i have to spare if any......

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Under the seat is good too, and only wet cell batteries are not recommended to be used on the inside of the vehicle. Kinetiks are dry cell sealed batterys and they are just fine.

OP
OP
T

txsmainevent

"The Lurker"
Reaction score
Under the seat is good too, and only wet cell batteries are not recommended to be used on the inside of the vehicle. Kinetiks are dry cell sealed batterys and they are just fine.

Ok, thanks, it is a dry cell sealed battery. Im just goin to add it to the amp rack and try to make it look nice and neat. Probably goin to build the rack this weekend. Ill post pics of the build hopefully if i dont run into hick-ups..... thanks for the input fellas....:Handshake:

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
by the passanger side of the hood at the rear of the engine bay.

OP
OP
T

txsmainevent

"The Lurker"
Reaction score
Started on my amp rack tonight. mounted the amps and battery. test fit-ed into the truck. cut the slot for the battery to recess in. still need to drill holes for the wiring, wrap the rack, mount the rack/amps, and wire it all up. at the end of the day i have extra parts im not using. not enough to post in the for sale. wont use that in the sentence.....so....i have a few extra parts like a stinger isolator(new), 4 gauge amp kit(brand new) menus the fuse block, 8 gauge amp kit(new) menus the rcas(didnt come wit the kit), capacitor(used). also have a 17'' flip down monitor slightly used (also have a 15'' monitor that was brand new but bulb was bad and manufacture gave me the run around so its a parts monitor), and finally 2 small car dvd players (one is brand new, removed from box and begin to mount it before i realized the screen was bad, and the other is slightly used). just throwin that out there that i have extra parts that i wont be using that are takin up space ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts