285/55/22 on Air suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ovrhdbryan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone know if this size would fit without any issues? I’ve got a 23‘ XL Denali with adaptive air ride, but want a slightly more aggressive looking tire. Thanks in advance.

d_hawk

Reaction score
285/50r22 is the largest tire you can run without suspension modifications or fender liner trimming. When you turn the wheel hard left or right the most limiting dimension is the front wheel wells, specifically the rear portion.
IMG_7851.jpegIMG_7826.jpegIMG_8380.jpeg

d_hawk

Reaction score
Is that stock ride height in your pics?
the closeup pictures in my first post are at entry/exit height (lowered 2 inches) to simulate when the suspension is compressed. The picture of the entire front wheel is at normal ride height. Tires are 285/50r22 Toyo AT3 on factory High Country wheels.

Normal Ride Height

IMG_8379.jpegIMG_8380.jpeg

Entry/Exit Height

IMG_8383.jpegIMG_8382.jpeg

mb-jenks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@d_hawk thanks for sharing these - looking at getting the same setup. So this tire size does or does not rub at entry/exit height at the tightest turning radius? Any other issues with the tires? They look incredible.

d_hawk

Reaction score
@d_hawk thanks for sharing these - looking at getting the same setup. So this tire size does or does not rub at entry/exit height at the tightest turning radius? Any other issues with the tires? They look incredible.

No rubbing issues in entry exit mode in over 30k miles of use. The only issues are fuel mileage hit and price of the tires, not really the tires fault for either though. When this set is done I will most likely buy the same size and model tire again. Toyo became my preferred tire over BFG about 10 years ago.

mb-jenks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No rubbing issues in entry exit mode in over 30k miles of use. The only issues are fuel mileage hit and price of the tires, not really the tires fault for either though. When this set is done I will most likely buy the same size and model tire again. Toyo became my preferred tire over BFG about 10 years ago.
Thanks! Always had Michelin and BFGs, but nothing good in those sizes for the Yukon if you want to go slightly larger

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n