275/70R18 BF Goodrich AT KO2's on 2" Level Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SteveMansur

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience / knows if a 275/70 tire will cause any problems on a 2015 Yukon with 2" rough country leveling kit? I want to fill the wheel well as much as possible on a stock 18 inch SLE rim so my options are 275/70 or 265/70 tires. Any thoughts?

Rooster47

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What did you end up doing? I've got the same question about my Suburban, I want to put 270/70R18 on it after I put a 2" Suspensionmaxx leveling kit on.

OP
OP
SteveMansur

SteveMansur

Reaction score
What did you end up doing? I've got the same question about my Suburban, I want to put 270/70R18 on it after I put a 2" Suspensionmaxx leveling kit on.

275/70/18 fit nicely under the fender and they won't rub anywhere even in high articulation situations. There is however a slight issue. At full lock left and right the tire sidewall will slightly rub on the upper A-arms due to the low offset of the factory 18"rims. This can be easily solved by getting thin wheel spacers or changing your rims. Note that too much extra offset from a thick spacer or new rim will cause rubbing in the back of front inner fender fender well. Your issue is entirely in that region when you are dealing with factory rims. What I personally ended up doing was upgrading the the 20inch factory rims that have few mm more offset. Then I went and got the largest possible tire for that setup, a 285/65/20 BFG AT KO2 tire. It'd 34.5 inches tall, so nearly a 35inch but noticeably thinner. Since I went up to the the 285 thickness I do get a noticeable ammount of rub at the absolute maximum wheel lock in parking lots. Sometimes rubbing may occur while moving but it's very faint (going around a sharp bend at like 20mph over a large bump). Overall the issue is really minor and will only get better as the tire ages and wears down. I did have to tap the back of the inner fender liner with a wooden hammer (took 10 seconds each side). For the future, I contacted an American fabricator for metal inner fender liners. My plan is to completely remove the inner fenders (as you would with a sierra or silverado prerunner) and have the metals ones bolted in. From there you could probably run a true 35x12.5 inch tire. The plan however, is to mold some fiberglass fenders and stuff 37s under there eventually. I Hope this helpsite you with your final decision.

Rooster47

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
And Rooster47...what did YOU end up doing? :)

I ended up going with the 2" Suspensionmaxx leveling kit. I went with the 275/70/18 Falken Wildpeak A/T3W on Black Rhino Selkirk 18x9 wheels (i think it was a +12 offset). I had a little rub that I begrudgingly took care of with a rubber mallet on the inside of the fender well. I didn't like doing it, but it didn't take much.

I trimmed the front airdam at the same time and am pretty happy with how it turned out.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I ended up going with the 2" Suspensionmaxx leveling kit. I went with the 275/70/18 Falken Wildpeak A/T3W on Black Rhino Selkirk 18x9 wheels (i think it was a +12 offset). I had a little rub that I begrudgingly took care of with a rubber mallet on the inside of the fender well. I didn't like doing it, but it didn't take much.

I trimmed the front airdam at the same time and am pretty happy with how it turned out.

Pics?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
artmumf