275/65r18 tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assume they fit (on Z71 rims) without any issues as they are only 1/8" taller than the 275/55r20 tires. A search here for that tire size came up empty.....

OP
OP
vcode

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tire Rack has a bunch of tires in that 275/65x18 size, including the Michelin Defender, which many folks here use for paved road driving. While most of the tires in this size are LT tires, there are also some non-LT tires listed.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/Tire...8&rearWidth=265/&rearRatio=65&rearDiameter=18

Yeah, I looked them up there. But I guess I should have worded the question better, I assume they fit on the truck with no clearance or rubbing issues...... I know the stock size for the 18" rim is 265/65r18, which is slightly smaller in diameter than the stock 20" tire.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are asking 'if they would fit' on your truck, then I offer you the following:

Regarding wheel/tire combinations that will fit your truck without rubbing, no 2 trucks and their suspensions are exactly alike, due to a number of factors including accumulated wear on the suspension components, so there is no guarantee that what fits with no rubbing on one truck will automatically fit with no rubbing on your truck. Other folks' experiences can guide you in one direction or another, but the final test will be when you mount the wheel/tire combination on your own truck.

To assist you in getting a good idea on whether or not specific alternate wheel/tire combinations 'may' fit your truck with no rubbing, I recommend that you use the wheel/tire comparison app at the URL listed below. You can use this app starting with your existing wheel/tire combination as a benchmark, assuming that there are currently no rubbing issues with it, and measure the actual critical fender and suspension component clearances as directed by this app. Then, you can enter alternate wheel/tire combinations, and this app will give you the projected changes in these critical fender and suspension component clearances.

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/

I used this app for determining whether on not I could use my current alternate wheel/tire combination, and it accurately projected the changes in critical clearances. Again, the use of this app in not an absolute guarantee that an alternate wheel/tire combination will fit without rubbing, but it provides a much better assessment, or projection, than simply an educated guess on your part, or a statement from others that it worked on a truck other than yours.

OP
OP
vcode

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 1/8" increase in diameter over my 20's is probably less than the accuracy I can measure clearances for the app. I just figured that being a common size, someone could tell me if they had issues on their vehicle.

DurrtyBurB

Reaction score
No issues with that tire size. I’ve run both the Falken Wildpeak’s and Goodyear Wrangler tires.

921425E1-FD05-4FD6-9597-90B088D7B4DC.jpeg CFD6435B-302A-4577-838B-775634CA4CC8.jpeg

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 1/8" increase in diameter over my 20's is probably less than the accuracy I can measure clearances for the app. I just figured that being a common size, someone could tell me if they had issues on their vehicle.

The 1/8" difference on the total diameter is not the issue, as that is well within the acceptable tolerances. The potential issue is the width and rubbing.

DurrtyBurB

Reaction score
They are off a 2019 Ram Laramie
Added Chevy Aveo center caps and added some 3M decals

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT