23 infotainment sound system sound take a step backward?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will say this -- the headrest speakers in the Ultimate are the biggest waste and gimmick ever. Everyone who sits in my car asks if they are broken. You have to crank the stereo to get any sound out of them.
So if the headrest speakers don't work, super-cruise is not available - what exactly does a Denali Ultimate get you over a regular Denali?

ColeBlooded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if the headrest speakers don't work, super-cruise is not available - what exactly does a Denali Ultimate get you over a regular Denali?
People complain about the head rest speakers on the escalade forums. They're just there for ambience. If they played loudly people would probably go deaf lol. And trucks have been built with SC since October 3rd I believe.

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly, they are like surround speakers in your home theater. The rear speakers only fire certain frequencies and tones depending on the broadcast or media. Like Coleblooded said, they would drive you nuts if you heard them all the time.

I have had my Ultimate a few days now and I think the sound is great compared to my other GMC rides. 2017 Denali Yukon XL and 2019 GMC Sierra.

program4444

Reaction score
Exactly, they are like surround speakers in your home theater. The rear speakers only fire certain frequencies and tones depending on the broadcast or media. Like Coleblooded said, they would drive you nuts if you heard them all the time.

I have had my Ultimate a few days now and I think the sound is great compared to my other GMC rides. 2017 Denali Yukon XL and 2019 GMC Sierra.
I have a nice high end theater system at home. Those surrounds add to the ambiance. These are so muted as to add nothing to the listening experience.

I wanted to fanboy over them, but they are truly pointless. I love so much about the car - and I have Super Cruise and find it excellent - but the factory upgraded audio system in my Mustang is way better than the Ultimate’s. Hopefully it improves/grows on me over time.

mplunk

Reaction score
I have a nice high end theater system at home. Those surrounds add to the ambiance. These are so muted as to add nothing to the listening experience.

I wanted to fanboy over them, but they are truly pointless. I love so much about the car - and I have Super Cruise and find it excellent - but the factory upgraded audio system in my Mustang is way better than the Ultimate’s. Hopefully it improves/grows on me over time.
Could also be a setting. I never really noticed the headrest speakers in my Escalade until I turned the 360 sound all the way up- now it's real obvious they're at least adding to the experience. No idea if the Ultimate has the same setting option.

They also are really noticeable with the conversation enhancement on

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could also be a setting. I never really noticed the headrest speakers in my Escalade until I turned the 360 sound all the way up- now it's real obvious they're at least adding to the experience. No idea if the Ultimate has the same setting option.

They also are really noticeable with the conversation enhancement on
Good tip, changed to center point and they are more prominent.

Brand0n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you by chance have the autopilot turned off? I usually don’t like the auto volume systems in cars, and the Tahoe is no different, but for some reason it really makes the system more full. If it’s not on try it and see if you notice an improvement.
Where is this setting?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA